Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad 1 Totally Fubared, HELP

Default Ipad 1 Totally Fubared, HELP
    First, Thanks in advance...

Heres what I've done in a nutshell.
    Bought Ipad 1 on 3.2.2 and then used Itunes Shift+Restore and pointed it towards a 4.3.3.ipsw I downloaded. I had to have TU's server running in the back ground, and used Ireb to push the device into DFU mode. Update went fine and Itunes told me the device would reboot and I'd see it in a few. Well it came up as an ipad in recovery mode.

I did this over and over again to no avail. Then downloaded red snow and re did my upgrade, then used redsnow, I got to the picture on the ipad of the pineapple with installing bundles, and it froze for a few mins. So I pressed home and power to reboot the phone it and when right back into dfu mode.

So I then researched some more and figured out that I could use redsnow to boot tethered. I did this and finally I had my ipad back, momentarily that is. Upon powering off the device it went back into dfu mode. I re did this process over and over again and I couldn't get any different results. Last time I got the ipad up I went to itunes and tried to do a system restore to 4.3.5 through itunes and it gave me the same deal, went straight to dfu mode....

I got this ipad up at 2pm, its now 11, and ive been doing nothing but research and finally have resorted to asking for a helping hand. I have extensive knowledge of android devices but this is my first ios device owned. PLEASE tell me I dont have a brick.

Now when I do restores or anything that I was doing I get absolutly nothing on the ipads screen it just stays blank
    Last edited by stayin100; 2011-08-10 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you want to restore to 4.3.5, go to TU , deselect set hosts file to cydia , close TU.
    Run itunes and restore to 4.3.5.

Okay I got that done and am now running 4.3.5. So my pad is now back up and running. Now I have an ipsw file of 4.3.3. So how do I go about downgrading to that? Thanks so much I was freaking out last night lol. Are the directions in then link i posted below applicable to my situation?

http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-...w-to-tutorial/
    Last edited by stayin100; 2011-08-10 at 04:52 PM.

redsn0w will freeze during the jailbreak process if you are using windows 7 or vista IF you do not set the compatibility mode (by right clicking the redsn0w .exe file and going to properties) to windows 95 AND if you do not right click and run as administrator.

now for the downgrade (this is assuming you have your 4.3.3 shsh files saved on cydia's server)

make sure itunes is closed. open tinyumbrella (make sure you unblock it from firewall if the popup comes up) and click "start tss server"
    open itunes and fine your device. shift+click on restore (if using windows) and select your 4.3.3 ipsw
    (note 1: that you must have a legit ipsw file, i.e. download one from MMi in the download section)
    (note 2: if you have a GSM, the 4.3.5 update might have updated your baseband, in this case, you must use sn0wbreeze/pwnage tool to build a baseband preservation mode ipsw file (they usually work better than pre-jailbroken ones) and then put the device in pwned DFU mode)

if the restore doesn't work than you can try a few things.
    1) move the ipad usb to a different port on your computer (use the back if you are using a tower)
    2) try a couple more times
    3) try a different computer
    4) post here again with the error code.

now you should have a clean install of 4.3.3, you can rejailbreak using, redsn0w, just remember my tip at the top to insure it doesnt freeze. also, be patient while it is working its magic.

OR

Screw redsn0w, and just use JailbreakMe 3.0 its way faster anyway

I don't have a blob as I was never on 3.3. So I'm screwed correct? Also this is a wifi model. Altho I think tiny umbrella saved a blob of 3.2.2... Would I be able to downgrade then re upgrade to 4.3.3?

I can't seem to find the shsh for 4.3.3 anywhere, or 3.2.2 locally. I did boot the ipad tethered to 4.3.3 and went to jailbreakme.com and installed cydia at one time last night, would there be a chance of the shsh being stored on their servers somewhere?
    Last edited by stayin100; 2011-08-10 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks

If you don't have the blob, then you are can't downgrade .

If you have iPad 2 gsm/CDMA and have 4.3.3 blob, yes can can downgrade easily as of now.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-10 at 07:01 PM.

Looks like ive gathered that I'm sol as of now. How unbearable is the tethered 4.3.5 jailbreak? Or would I be advised to just hold out till ios5 comes out and hope there will be a untethered 4.3.5 released sgortly afterwards?

Thanks

Oops, you have an ipad 1, you should be able to get a untethered jailbreak soon , not ipad 2.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Oops, you have an ipad 1, you should be able to get a untethered jailbreak soon , not ipad 2.
    Soon eh? Nice can't wait. I've just never been able to leave anything stock. At any given time I own five rooted androids, my computer has both win7 and leopard, as well as ubuntu on it, my cars never stay stock, lol I'm addicted. I've just always stayed away from apple products because they are not customizable, I caught the bug when offered this iPad one for 199.99 through work, and I'm happy to be learning something new. Ll the new utilities to download and terminology to learn :-) I'm all giddy lol. Just wish I was able to get this thing jail broke untethered for now. Might have to bite the bullet and do the tethered break for now tonstart learning cydias ins and outs.

Thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by stayin100 View Post
    I don't have a blob as I was never on 3.3. So I'm screwed correct? Also this is a wifi model. Altho I think tiny umbrella saved a blob of 3.2.2... Would I be able to downgrade then re upgrade to 4.3.3?

I can't seem to find the shsh for 4.3.3 anywhere, or 3.2.2 locally. I did boot the ipad tethered to 4.3.3 and went to jailbreakme.com and installed cydia at one time last night, would there be a chance of the shsh being stored on their servers somewhere?
    how did you get your ipad on 4.3.3 without an shsh blob?
    (you can save shsh blobs for whatever iOS apple is signing, it has nothing to do with what iOS you are running)

you can still jailbeak on 4.3.5 using redsn0w, but you will have to boot tethered. if you can get the ipad onto 4.3.3 than just goto JailbreakMe 3.0 and dont even touch redsn0w

to find out what shsh blobs you have saved, open tinyumbrella with your ipad connected to your computer. select the ipad in the devices section and hit save shsh, all your available shsh files should be in the box in the right. if 4.3.3 is there, then you can restore to that with tss server and proper 4.3.3 ios ipsw, then jailbreak with jbm 3.0
    Last edited by thecrunked; 2011-08-10 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks

Eeh, is for Canadiens. I guess you know i am Canadiens