Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPad 2 3G GSM downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 with saved shsh blobs. Possible?

Default IPad 2 3G GSM downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 with saved shsh blobs. Possible?
    Heys guys from what I understood I couldn't downgrade an iPad 2 3G back to 4.3.3 even if I had saved my shsh. And that was because of a different baseband signing or something?!?

I just read somewhere that I is now possible to restore / downgrade to 4.3.3 due to a tinyumbrella update?

Is this 100% true?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, it is true until apple stops signing IOS 4.3.5, so better do it now before IOS 5 hit the road.

The reason I ask is because I currently have an iPad 2 3G GSM 4.3.3 jailbroken. I have no problems with it now but was wondering if I needed to restore for any reason, I would be able to with no problems.

So what your saying is I can do it now, but not after iOS 5 is released.

Is it possible that they will complete a bootrom exploit and I can still restore after iOS 5?

Thanks

You cannot restore once iOS 5 is released until someone or TU made some changes to make it work. I am in the same boat as you iPad 2 gsm model

Okay. Thanks for your help!

Can you explain how to do that? Downgrade that is

Thanks

You need shsh blob to downgrade

Default downgrade
    I get stuck in a reboot loop.
    any tips?
    /P

Thanks

Using the latest version of TU 5.00.09 will bypass the loop

ok iYeow (im back) lol but im trying to do the same thing but the TSS server will not start bc of amessage about a "PID Number needs to be killed" any suggestions

Thanks

You need to free up port 80, close apps or kill any programs running port 80

Umm how do I know if a program is running port 80 ?

port 80 is the "web server" port.
    You can see if a program is running, by opening a web browser to the address:

http://127.0.0.1/

I have an ipad 2 GSM with 4.3.5, I saved my shsh's for 4.3.3, however when I try in downgrade I get a error 1600. Is there a way of working around this, or is this the reason an ipad 2 GSM can not be downgrade from 4.3.5?

*Before I've begun each attempt I have put the ipad into DFU mode, which I was able to confirm using Tiny Umbrella's logs.
    Last edited by enopola; 2011-08-23 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks

Try this, when running latest TU with Tss Server , set hosts file to cydia is checked .

Ah at this point I think I'm going to simply have to sit on my hands and wait.

I tried setting the hosts file to cydia servers, even tried pulling the shsh's from cydia's servers using Tiny Umbrella, trying to prove a shsh save and rule that out. I thought making it past the error 3194 meant my install have been verified with the shsh files, but nothing gets me past the error 1600 and with no real tools available I'm even unable to put the ipad into a pwd-dfu mode and try to rule out anymore issues. So I guess its time to be patience.

A friend has an iPad 2 GSM with no SHSH's, I understand that at this point it is impossible to downgrade without them with the GSM version. However, is it possible to attempt a downgrade using the Wifi firmware? Downgrade to that save the SHSH then put the correct version on? Or will it just error out in itunes, which I assume it will.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Without SHSH, no downgrades are possible. SHSH blobs are iDevice + version unique, no sharing allowed.

What about putting on iOS 5, saving SHSHs then downgrading, possible? Probably not worth it since iOS 5 will eventually be out, but what is the consensus that when it is officially released, will an untethered JB be available?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Beta software is for developers. They also include expiration dates (next month for b6).
    No iOS beta software is fully jailbreakable. IMHO ... a total waste of time and effort.

I recommend staying put and wait for a later version iPad 2 jailbreak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast