Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help iPad 2 downgrade

Default Please help iPad 2 downgrade
    Hello I have an iPad 2 CDMA Verizon now on 4.3.5. I had it on 4.3.3 and used jailbreak me everything was great. I called Verizon to activate my cellular service. I had to connect my iPad to iTunes for it to activate.in that process my iPad updated to 4.3.5. I downloaded Tu .06 and .07 my shah blobs are there when I restore it, it gets stuck, the log says it's sending baseband it stays there forever...... Please someone help me I've been doing this for hours and no answers. I've tried from 3 different computers even a Mac and still no 4.3.3. Thanks for your help in advance

Your screwed .... after apple stopped signing the 4.3.4 blobs and went to 4.3.5 if you have a CDMA or gsm iPad 2 you cannot downgrade with your 4.3.3 blobs. If you have a wifi only iPad 2 then you can still downgrade because these models don't have a baseband

I have 4.3.4 blobs saved

Should I go down to 4.3.4 first

It's not about 4.3.4 blobs .. The baseband is being signed too now and Cydia doesn't save the blob for BB

So is there a fix or am I srewed

For all except the iPad2, saving your SHSH blobs should let you always restore your device to iOS versions where this jailbreak works. *The iPad2 is a little more complicated. *If you have a wifi-only iPad2 and saved SHSH blobs, you’re in good shape. *But if you have the GSM or CDMA iPad2, you won’t be able to restore to 4.3.3 or lower once Apple stops signing its baseband. *There are a few ideas that might work to get around this limitation, but for now it’s best to assume there’s no going back to 4.3.3 once 4.3.4 is out for iPad2 GSM or CDMA owners.*

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie b View Post
    So is there a fix or am I srewed
    Your screwed along with many others

I read in some places it's possible

That was until 4.3.5 was released .. If you would have downgraded when apple was still signing 4.3.4 then it would have worked. But not anymore

I do have my 4.3.4 blobs saved

Sorry,
    there's no available fix.
    There might be one eventually, but chances are good you'll NEVER be able to go back to 4.3.3.

Hopefully there will be another jailbreak for the iPad 2, after 5.0

Default Downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.3.3
    hi i new here.i also facing problem to downgrade.my ipad 2(wifi) come with 4.3.3 but during i connect with itunes that become 4.3.5
    so have any idea to downgrade?
    please help me...

Quote Originally Posted by kschong710 View Post
    hi i new here.i also facing problem to downgrade.my ipad 2(wifi) come with 4.3.3 but during i connect with itunes that become 4.3.5
    so have any idea to downgrade?
    please help me...
    Yes iPad 2 WiFi you can downgrade to 4.3.3 using TU but ONLY if you have your shsh's for 4.3.3,,, if you don't then your screwed too.

Default Please help iPad 2 downgrade
    Did this software can help redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4?

Quote Originally Posted by kschong710 View Post
    Did this software can help redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4?
    Nope

Default Don't know how to use TU
    Last week I have save TU.but I try many way still can't downgrade.maybe I do the wrong way,did anybody have any idea?

This iPad 2 is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth. I just want to make a few tweaks on this device and I can't. That sucks!!!!!!

Yep I hear ya

Well if you use TinyUnbrella .08 and you have your 4.3.3 shsh's backed up then iPad 2 3G GSM users your in LUCK!!.. I can confirm that the Downgrade process does infact work as I have just successfully downgraded from 4.3.5 back to 4.3.3 and have re-jailbroke with jailbreakme.com

Oh man that's only for gsm 3G correct

And another wierd thing my multitouch gestures that I enabled in file stayed
    Last edited by Paulie b; 2011-08-02 at 12:46 AM.

TinyUmbrella 5.00.08

iPad 2 GSM/CDMA will restore the currently signed baseband so 10xx errors won't happen (This will cease to work once apple stops signing the current 4.3.x firmware's baseband)
    Optional iPhone 4 baseband update is now available to those that are officially unlocked. NOTE: iPhone baseband can ONLY be restore/updated to a baseband that apple is currently signing. END OF STORY
    Added 4.3.5, 4.3.4 support
    Fixed a nasty baseband request error for ipad 2 cdma.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast