Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPAD 1 Jailbreak Sanity Check

Default IPAD 1 Jailbreak Sanity Check
    Hi

I recently purchased an iPad 1 from a friend. It is current running 4.3.1 (8G4). I just want a sanity check before I do something that can't be reversed...

I see that 4.3.3 is no longer being signed, so the only official restore is 4.3.4. It sounds like I want to stay away from this for the time being.

I have backed up the SHSH blobs using TU, but only 4.3.4 and above. I have requested SHSH from Cydia but nothing changes, so I assume that it has never been JB before.

I am thinking I can use iFaith to store current 4.3.1 SHSH blob and restore using custom IPSW.

Is this doable?
    What tool should I use to JB assuming I can use IFaith to grab current SHSH blob?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

SF

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you want to be safe, just jailbreak your ipad 1 with Redsn0w RC 9 and stay there.

You use iFaith tools to dump your shsh and build a custom firmware. Then run itunes : shift + restore to the iFaith Custom firmware of 4.3.1.
    Now sure how credible this iFaith is going to work out as I have seen failures on iphones.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-24 at 10:38 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

steelfin (2011-07-25)

Thanks for the reply. I guess I am a little confused...

Are you saying that since I am running 4.3.1, I can still create a custom ipsw using Redsnow and restore even though 4.3.1 in no longer signed and I do not have the 4.3.1 SHSH blob saved?

Thanks again

SF

Just jailbreak it with redsn0w rc19 i believe and youll be safe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

steelfin (2011-07-25)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Do not do any restore as you need shsh blob to restore and you don't have any blob. Just jailbreak your 4.3.1 now with Redsn0w 9 to 18
    If you now do a restore , you will be forced to go to 4.3.4 which has no jailbreak.