Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 3G Stuck on logo - Able to navigate with iPhone Explorer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPad 2 3G Stuck on logo - Able to navigate with iPhone Explorer
    Hi,

I changed the SBBadges icons in System/CoreServices/Spingboard.app and after respring the iPad won't boot. I can put it in Recovery (showing the itunes+usb icons) and I can also force exit recovery with TinyUmbrella. I can navigate the the filesystem with iPhone Explorer and iTunes sees the iPad as normal. It just wont boot at all. All I can get is the Apple logo when exiting the Recovery mode (thats when I am able to see it in iTunes and iPhone Ex).
    I tried to Restore to stock 4.3.3 to no avail, I did not save the 4.3.3 blobs.
    It crossed my mind that maybe there is a solution before going the no-way-back route to 4.3.4, since I can access the file system. I already copied the original SBBadge icon from my wife's iPad 1 3G that is on 4.3.3 but nothing changes. I turn my iPad off, then on again and it shows up in both iTunes and iPhone Ex while stuck at the apple logo.
    Please share any ideas since I would love to be able to boot again on 4.3.3.
    Thanks for reading.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

I beleive that if u didnt save ur shsh blobs...ur screwed.
    Anyone know this for fact?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

The easiest way is to restore to the latest firmware of 4.3.4 and lose your jailbreak. It is very hard to troubleshoot your problem. If you have saved the replaced badges, put it back. Just do the reverse order if you can recall what you actually did.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I figure that's the easy way iYeow. I thought maybe there was an option to force a reboot somehow using terminal in my mac to connect to the iPad.
    I took another step, I overwrote Springpad.app with my wife's 4.3.3 and there's no apparent change at all.
    I'll keep trying for a couple of days just in case...
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No problem, keep trying until you have given up hope, then do a restore to 4.3.4