Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 restore error 1604

Default iPad 2 restore error 1604
    Hey guys, recently after checking my jailbroken ipad 2's storage I've found out that it was full of others and 10 gigs worth of apps? Trust me my apps are not worth that much space lol. So i tried restoring it using tinyumbrella where i have my blob saved from pre jailbreak 4.3.3. But every time i try to restore my ipad i keep getting error 1604! It's driving me crazy and i go on a trip in a few days so really appreciate it if a quick solution came along?? Thanks guys!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Make sure you have the latest version of TU.
    Make sure your hosts file isn't pointing at Apple's Server : select set hosts file to cydia upon exit in adv tab of TU.
    Close itunes and reopen again.
    Do your restore using Tss Server.

And you are restoring to stock firmware , right ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

dowon1014 (2011-07-23)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Do your restore using Tss Server.

And you are restoring to stock firmware , right ?
    yea i am restoring to 4.3.3 from online. my understanding is that after i turn on tss server and my host file is set to cydia's then i restore using itunes from shift right click right? Yea cause ive been doing that and still error unless i restore straight from tiny umbrella after starting server??

Thanks

Starting Tss Server does not neccessarily set your hosts file towards cydia. In TU , adv tab : select > set hosts file to cydia > save it. Close itunes and reopen and restore using Tss server running thru itunes

This is to make sure there is no conflict between using tss server and pointing towards Apple server.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-23 at 04:08 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

dowon1014 (2011-07-23)

I got it!! I took your advice mod thank you so much!!!! Much Props to you sir!

Thanks

You are welcome

Hi guys, I have a brand new ipad 2 verison 4.3.1 that hasn't ever been jailbroken or anything, right of the box. I want to upgrade it to 4.3.3 but doesn't work. Kept giving me error, even when I use TU. I get that error 1604 when I use TU. What's the proper checkbox to check for a virgin ipad2?
    Any idea?

Thanks

keep in mind that I did follow the steps above...

Default Ipad 2 restore
    I don't know why but this always works for me. First make sure you have the latest itunes. Then go to your start your start button and in the search box put ipsw and delete all previous ipsw's that were on your computer. Then re open itunes and try again. Let me know if this helps.