Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with 4.3.4 downgrade

Default Help with 4.3.4 downgrade
    So I have been unlucky in the past few hours. I installed cydia from jailbreakme.com on my iOS 4.3.3 device, installed an app, and nearly bricked the thing. All before I could save the firmware to restore it in case of that exact reason. Unfortunately the only solution was to use itunes to restore, but it upgraded to 4.3.4 at the same time. I have been following the videos online and am trying to get the iPad back to 4.3.3 but with no luck. I am getting 3194 errors and no matter what I do to the hosts file I cant get rid of it. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this? I would love to get back to the 4.3.3! Please help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

if you have an ipad 3g you are screwed until the developers come up with a hardware based exploit, because your baseband got updated and you wont be able downgrade the software.

Bummer. I was so excited to have it on there. Is there any possible way to make it work and just block out the 3G feature? I don't use it anyways.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not possible, sorry

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

removed
    Last edited by Spaceman1701; 2011-07-22 at 02:38 AM.

I thought the latest TinyUmbrella version allows for the 3G iPad 2 to Restore back to 4.3.3?

Below is the info taken from the TU site

"iPad 2 4.3.x Respite
    I've updated TinyUmbrella for iPad 2 GSM/CDMA users allowing them to restore 4.3.x without the fear of the recovery loop. Assuming you have 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, or 4.3.3 SHSHs and restore to one of those versions, TU will allow the restore to complete successfully.
    It is important to note that I added this functionality so that iPad 2 users wouldn't be left without a way to downgrade to 4.3-4.3.3. It is also important to note that this functionality will only remain for so long as Apple signs the current firmware (4.3.4). Use it while you can!
    Special thanks to @oLunatiko for his help in testing this release!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

chiming in here.. i have tried atleast 20 times with 4.2, 4.1 and 4.3 firmwares, both iPad 2 wifi and iPhone 4 coming back from iOS 5 Beta 3. . no SHSH saved. i was somehow able to get 4.3.4 on my iPhone 4 and currently attempting to get the same on the iPad 2. i have yet to try and install 4.3.4 on it, only 4.3.3. TU has only worked for me to exit recovery when i got error 1 before.

any more help would be appreciated, not only to me but the original poster (not hijacking thread).

4.3.3 is my goal and currently have 10.3.1.55 iTunes.

last night I downloaded icy to give it a try and it relocated all my directories, effectively destroying my ipad 2 3g . I was under the impression that even though I have my SHSH saved I would have to restore it and have no choice but to upgrade. I have been doing this a long tie so I though I would try 4.3.3 anyway.

today is july 23 and i just used tiny umbrella 5.00.06 and recboot2.2 on my macbook running lion

My iPad only booted into a loop so I stuck it into DFU plugged it into my Mac turned on TSS server in tiny umbrella then option restore in itunes and selected 4.3.3 as soon as it started I opened recboot. I never pressed any buttons in recboot I just opened it. it flawlessly restored and im now running iOS 4.3.3 on my iPad 2 3g jailbroken with jailbreakme.com

Default ipad 2 downgrade problems
    I messed up an upgraded my ipad 2 to 4.3.4. I have tried two full days to downgrade with no luck. I have my blobs saved. I can't get my host file to allow me to update. I think its some knid of administrator rights but I cant figurwe it out. I have followed all the videos on yt to the lettter. someone that has done this please \chime in. oh, its a 16 gig wifi only ipad 2. I have tthe blobs........

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Download Tiny Umbrella (link below) and select save SHSH blobs. TU will return all available SHSH blobs.
    If TU has problems running, make sure you are administrator, disable firewall, and verify the following file is found:
    CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

If 4.3.3 was found, download stock 4.3.3 firmware (link below), start TU, select TSS server, then shift/click/select 4.3.3 firmware in iTunes to restore.

Check this out: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-24 at 03:39 AM.