Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipad 4.3.3 jailbreak boot loop

Default ipad 4.3.3 jailbreak boot loop
    Hi all,

I recently jailbroke my ipad wifi 32gb having replaced it at the apple store. It is the first time I have jailbroken using redsnow on ios 4.3.3. At first all seemed well but then I found my ipad randomly entering DFU mode. So I have since restored and rejailbroken using jailbreakme. The same problem occured randomly and i was also having trouble syncing and backing up the ipad when jailbroken. The ipad appears to be fine now having been restored and left un-jailbroken but I am on holiday so have not able to try syncing and backing it up for the last few days. Can anyone tell me if this is either a common fault or something i can fix? Also is it worth exchanging it with the apple store again? Really confused.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

When you restore your ipad, you should setup as a new ipad, not from a backup and I don't think jailbreakme.com nor redsn0w is the issue.

Well I have always set up as new and haven't had any problems with the ipad until jailbreak it. As I stated, It is ok atm and it is not jailbroken. As soon as I jailbreak it the problems arise...

Thanks

You have an ipad 1 or 2

Default Ipad 2 jailbreak boot
    I used the jailbreakme.com and had a sucussful jailbreak for two weeks then i did a sync with itunes and every app i try to open the ipad would go into reboot. I could not see sbsettings so I did a restore on itunes and now i am at 4.3.4 and can't rejail break at jailbreakme.com. Is there any way to get the software back to 4.3.3? I want to rejailbreak if it is possible. Please any help that you can be is well appreaciated.

Thanks

I think apple is still signing 4.3.3, so go download 4.3.3 ipsw N put your iPad into normal dfu mode N shift + restore to 4.3.3 fw in iTunes

Default Ipad 4.3.3 Jailbreak Loop
    I Yeow,Thank you for your fast response it is appreciated I may be a little new at this but do you mean on my Mac look for 4.3.3 or on my Ipad 2? I have looked on the mac (finder) and did not come up with anything. I know this may be a little bit to ask can you give me a step by step to solve this problem. If not I understand I made a mistake on this one and will have to wait till the jailbreak comes out for 4.3.4 if it ever does. Thank you for reading and trying to help
    Mike

Thanks

If your iPad 2 is wifi model and you have 4.3.3 blob, then you can restore again. Run tiny umbrella to find out.

I Yeow
    Thank you again for trying yo help me with my mistake. I hooked up my iPad 2 to tiny umbrella and found that I backed up the shah lobs there. The file says iPad 2 4.3.2 (8h7) 34249886448718 I have not done anything is this good or do I need 4.3.3? Thanks again

Thanks

You did your 4.3.2 jailbreak two weeks ago then you should have 4.3.3 shs blob. Download the latest TU , click save shsh , you should have 4.3.3 shsh blob in TU and you can start tss serrver, put your ipad into Dfu mode and shift + restore to 4.3.3 thru itunes. Jailbreak your 4.3.3 with jailbreakme again. Now your apps should work fine.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-22 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks

Default I know I'm late
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownbrother21 View Post
    Hi all,

I recently jailbroke my ipad wifi 32gb having replaced it at the apple store. It is the first time I have jailbroken using redsnow on ios 4.3.3. At first all seemed well but then I found my ipad randomly entering DFU mode. So I have since restored and rejailbroken using jailbreakme. The same problem occured randomly and i was also having trouble syncing and backing up the ipad when jailbroken. The ipad appears to be fine now having been restored and left un-jailbroken but I am on holiday so have not able to try syncing and backing it up for the last few days. Can anyone tell me if this is either a common fault or something i can fix? Also is it worth exchanging it with the apple store again? Really confused.
    I know i'm late, but this exact same scenario happened to me. I used redsn0w and said just enter owned dfu mode, entered dfu, and restored. Only way. Sorry.

Thanks

There is always someone to late in saving shsh blob