Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: USB flash not being recognized in ifile with Camera Connection kit

Default USB flash not being recognized in ifile with Camera Connection kit
    I have an Ipad 2 that is at version 4.3.3. I just did the jailbreak with jailbreakme 3.0. I am trying to connect a USB flash thumb drive to it via the camera connection kit. I have tried multiple usb flash drives without any success. I use ifile and I just can't get it to recognize the usb flash as one of the devices. Does anyone know what is wrong? Does this have anything to do with the "invalid checksum" that comex is talking about?? I don't get any error messages, it just doesn't read the drive at all. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Don't worry, there will be a fix for this issue by Comex. Lookout for the fix in Cydia.

That´s it guys, looks like there is a bug to be fixed. Mine is presenting the same problem. This is the main reason I jailbroken my Ipad2, and simply doesn´t work. Is there by any chance some way to track down the evolution of this issue on Cydia or anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by randybraithwaite View Post
    I have an Ipad 2 that is at version 4.3.3. I just did the jailbreak with jailbreakme 3.0. I am trying to connect a USB flash thumb drive to it via the camera connection kit. I have tried multiple usb flash drives without any success. I use ifile and I just can't get it to recognize the usb flash as one of the devices. Does anyone know what is wrong? Does this have anything to do with the "invalid checksum" that comex is talking about?? I don't get any error messages, it just doesn't read the drive at all. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    have you installed the patch from cydia for the cck?

What is then name of the camera kit fix in cydia?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It is just an essential update, are you still not getting it to work ?

Honestly I just jb my iPad 2 two days ago so I havent checked yet. I just assumed it was not functional after the jb based on what others have reported. I will post back success or failure....thanks.