Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade iPad2 3G Model

Default Downgrade iPad2 3G Model
    Is it possible to downgrade the 3g models of the ipad2 in the event of a new firmware coming out? I have my shsh saved for 4.3.3 and I'm just looking for clarification on this. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The answer is NO. Apple sign randomly the SHSH for the 3G baseband so for the moment there is no way to use a backup made with TinyUmbrella or Cydia. However DevTeam is working to find a possible soluttion. Try to stay on 4.3.3. as long as possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I think you can still downgrade for IOS 4.xx if you have your shsh blob saved but not IOS 5.xx .

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I think you can still downgrade for IOS 4.xx if you have your shsh blob saved but not IOS 5.xx .
    That is not true. It is possible ONLY for iPad 2 WiFi. Tried on a CDMA iPad and failed (maybe i do something wrong but i doubt since is not the first time downgrading an iDevice). And from DevTeam blog: ,,The iPad2 is a little more complicated. If you have a wifi-only iPad2 and saved SHSH blobs, you’re in good shape. But if you have the GSM or CDMA iPad2, you won’t be able to restore to 4.3.3 or lower once Apple stops signing its baseband."
    Last edited by thunderica; 2011-07-08 at 10:13 AM.

Is it true sometimes installing things from cydia can cause the kind of problems that will require you to a restore and if so, if your iPad2 3G gets BRICKED you won't be able to set it back to factory settings ?