Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad 2 Jailbreakme 3.0 question

Default Ipad 2 Jailbreakme 3.0 question
    Eventhough @ comex said to upgrade the Ipad 2 to 4.3.3 to use his userland JB, Jailbreakme 3.0, I didn't, so I was able to JB my Ipad 2 on 4.3 to my suprise. Question (Might be dumb), can I upgrade to 4.3.3 with an .ipsw without losing my Ipad 2 Jailbreak? Or will I have to re-jailbreak my Ipad 2 again?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

You will have to re-jailbreak.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your gonna have to update AND restore if your gonna wanna go to 4.3.3 and jailbreak. If you just update, you will still have parts of jailbreak files in your system and you won't be able to install Cydia. You will have to restore. You can still restore from your backup though to keep your pics and settings and accounts.. I went through this the other night.

Thank you. Do you think it's worth going to 4.3.3? Will I be able to backup my apps on itune?

Your apps will still be in iTunes but Not on your iPad. You will have to sync them back on. Yes, I think it is worth it to go to 4.3.3. I had the leaked jailbreak also and the official one is so much better and runs smoother and airplane mode works!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

+1, you can always sync back your apps from itunes after a restore.

I have the real JB from @comex eventhough it was said that only 4.3.3 will be suported, but that is not the case.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

IOS 4.3 is close enough to IOS 4.3.3, so it is no surprised that it will work on 4.3 but you may or maynot have some other issues. So if you can restore to 4.3.3 as apple is still signing 4.3.3, go for it and then do the jailbreak.