Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPad 2 Jailbreak Cydia app compatibility

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Correct, if you turn on an app with RetinaPad which is not supported, your app will crash
    That's the strange thing with PKGBackup. With Retinapad on or off it still runs and looks the same. I suspect something else is wrong here.
    Baz

Has anyone found any iPad 2 compatible themes yet?

Default Non-Working
    Non-Working
    Tab+
    TruPrint

Working
    MobileDashboard
    Activator
    Iconrenamer
    Splitmail for iPad
    Last edited by theapplereviewguy; 2011-07-08 at 05:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theapplereviewguy View Post
    Non-Working
    Tab+
    TruPrint
    Working
    MobileDashboard
    Activator
    Activator seems to be working on mine.

I just cannot get a complete theme to work yet

Quote Originally Posted by JayHD View Post
    Are you on an iPad 2? I cannot get my Wiimote to connect. Is it possibly because the wiimote (and classic controller) have never been synced to a console?

On another forum we're discussing if certain Wiimotes work and others don't.

There are 2 FCC IDs, viewable on the side of the wiimote. Either

FCC ID: UMB-WCF7
    or
    FCC ID: POO-WC45

Our theory is that POOs work and UMBs don't. Can any users here chime in?
    Yes I have an iPad 2, this thread is about iPad 2 cydia app compatibility

I have 2 wiimotes, one is POO and one is UMB, they both work flawlessly with NES.emu and Snes9x ex. Both work with the classic controller attached as well.

I don't see why the wiimote would have to be synced with a console, although mine have been before. After syncing with the iPad2 I must resync them with the wii in order for them to work on the wii.
    Last edited by keyztolope; 2011-07-08 at 09:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

I still can't get gpsphone working. I've restored and re-jailbroken with no effect. I know the bios is the "good" one because it's worked fine on my iPod Touch and my PSP... I've tried 5 different ROMs, both US and EU.

Is psx4all working? I wanna play me some FFVII and Jet Moto.

i have found *celeste* a major problem on my ipad2, so i wouldn't recommand installing it, also PkgBackup seems to crash everytime you do a backup *maybe because i am using dropbox to backup?... and this only started after the 1st backup (dropbox backup)*
    Last edited by rain111; 2011-07-09 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks

PKGBackup works form me and I'm using Dropbox. Are you backing up over WiFi or 3G?
    Baz

also tried this on my wife's iPad Wifi+3G version, and still the same, soon as i click *backup* it'll start backing up and suddenly crash.

I have figured out the problem, when you setting up PkgBackup do not check Scan Application on Startup or back them up... it seems thats what is causing the crash, I guess the dev team need to have a look at that option with iPad 2 both Wifi only or Wifi+3g
    Last edited by rain111; 2011-07-09 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post
    I still can't get gpsphone working. I've restored and re-jailbroken with no effect. I know the bios is the "good" one because it's worked fine on my iPod Touch and my PSP... I've tried 5 different ROMs, both US and EU.

psx4all seems to work, altho it does not support native iPad resolutions, so you will have to use the 2x option.

Quote Originally Posted by Farami View Post
    psx4all seems to work, altho it does not support native iPad resolutions, so you will have to use the 2x option.
    Does retinapad work with that?

To everyone helping with my Wiimote problems - I'm happy to say I'm all good now. I replaced the Wiimote and was able to connect to all the emulators without issue. I guess it was just a fluke that both the Nyko Wand and the original Wiimote I had tried were both unable to sync. To top it off, the first replacement Wiimote I got from Gamestop today wouldn't even power on. I was 0-for-3 before I could connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Does retinapad work with that?
    Yes.

Thanks

My Working Packages:

5 Row Keyboard for iPad (I don't suggest using it)
    ScrollingBoard
    Action Menu Plus Pack
    Alert Artist (compatible with Retinapad)
    FolderEnhancer
    GridLock
    iPicMyContacts (works but is pointless on iPad)
    iFile
    Mail Enhancer
    Manual Correct Pro
    MultiFlow
    Rich Text For Mail
    PhotoMail
    Safari Download Manager
    YourTube HD
    Wrap Around
    PageNames
    BytaFont
    BackGrounder
    Remove Background

The only app that I have that caused problems was Full Screen For Safari. It seemed to work until I tried playing video on sites like YouTube and UFC. The video screen was compressed and when I tapped on play I could get sound but no video. There has also been people claiming that Action Menu was the cause of iBooks crashing but I have 2 iPads and that is not the true. iBooks crashes whether Action Menu is installed or not installed.

I have bought a lot of apps from the Cydia Store and I have not tried them all to see about compatibility because Full Screen For Safari already caused me to have to restore once so I have been hesitant but if there is a particular app that anybody wants to know about I might have it and can confirm yes or no on capitibility.

Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post

The gpSPhone issues might be related to 4.3 changes, and not iPad.
    The developer says that it "should work" (4.3) but he hasn't been able to verify personally.
    It's ok on 4.2 (though has a few problems with services missing on some wonky jailbreaks)

psx4all has had a more recent update- so it's not too surprising that it works better.

Someone already reported that n64iphone doesn't work on the iPad 2- this is correct, as it's known to not work with any 4.2 or 4.3 era firmwares yet.
    Last edited by raduga; 2011-07-11 at 07:03 AM.

sorry if this has been covered already, but is px4all buggy? is it smooth or do a ot of ROMs crash a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    sorry if this has been covered already, but is px4all buggy? is it smooth or do a ot of ROMs crash a lot?
    Works fine as long as you don't use FullForce or RetinaPad, it well crash if you use those

Thanks

Update: if you use backgrounder and Remove background at the same time then don't disable multitasking in the Springboard.app using ifile. Remove background will not close the backgrounder apps if you do disable multitasking. You will have to remove all backgrounded apps manually and for me that is almost as annoying as using the app switcher...
    Also, if you download "YourTube HD" it installs the "UID Faker" ( I'm not spelling that right) but I think you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, the faker causes the iPad 2 to revert to loading mobile web pages so some websites with video that worked before will start loading the mobile version and if you try to go to the regular page then it will prompt you to install the flash player. If your into downloading YouTube videos and want to install "YourTube HD" then you will also have to install "User Agent Faker" and set it to "iPad" in the settings.
    If you haven't got the new version of "Cydia" you can get it from the "Pushfix" source. It is Cydia 1.1.2... I also installed "TCP Optimizer" from Pushfix which I think helps. I don't keep the same settings but that is why I like it because it gives you a ".sh" script that you can edit using "iFile"...
    Hope this helps some of you. All I know is that I bought YourTube Hd because it is supported in the updated iFile, but I was pretty frustrated when Safari started loading only Mobile versions of websites that worked perfectly the night before.

iTether doesn' seem to work. Using latest version. It rarely finds my iPhone in BlueTooth mode and when it does, it is unable to connect :-(

So, I have seen one person say that the location spoofer app works on the iPad 2, but I wanna see if anyone else has had it work. I tried location spoofer right after jailbreaking 4.3.3 and it messed up my iPad something bad and I had to restore. Has anyone else had any luck getting it going? I want to use it for the MLB app so I can watch games without blackouts.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast