Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPad 2 Jailbreak Cydia app compatibility

Hi I am new here and I just jailbroke my iPad 2 3G + WiFi, I want to purchase MyWi for tethering, but I'm not sure if I should purchase MyWi on my iphone or my iPad or those it really matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin79 View Post
    Hi I am new here and I just jailbroke my iPad 2 3G + WiFi, I want to purchase MyWi for tethering, but I'm not sure if I should purchase MyWi on my iphone or my iPad or those it really matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Why would you want to tether if you have 3G on your iPad and 3g on your phone?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keyztolope View Post
    Unfortunately I can't get any NES or SNES emulators to work properly on my ipad 2

NES (No Sound)
    NES A.D.X. Plus (No sound or Random sounds, out of sync, but does work with wiimotes in multiplayer, and HDMI out works, but no sound)
    SNES A.D.X. Plus (No sound)
    NES.emu (many many bugs, touch menu not working properly)

I'd like my money back, NES.emu was $6 alone and said native ipad support.. oh well maybe it will be updated
    Really?! lol. The jailbreak has been out less than 24 hours on a brand new never jailbroken device. Give the devs a break and time to update their apps before complaining about things not working and wanting a refund. The iPad and the iPad 2 are different devices so "native iPad support" does not imply iPad 2 compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Why would you want to tether if you have 3G on your iPad and 3g on your phone?

Well you have to purchase 3G data from ATT on your iPad, when I'm at work I don't have the wifi and would rather use my iphone as a wifi hotspot. I have unlimited data on my iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin79 View Post
    Well you have to purchase 3G data from ATT on your iPad, when I'm at work I don't have the wifi and would rather use my iphone as a wifi hotspot. I have unlimited data on my iphone
    I would have thought if you buy it on one device, you can download it on the other for free.

I would have thought if you buy it on one device, you can download it on the other for free.
    Thanks. I just wanted to know if it made a difference depending on which device you purchase it on, never purchased anything from Cydia. I will purcahse it on the iPad since Cydia seems to be working properly on that device

Thanks

Anyone get YourTube 2 to load? I can install it and Cydia thinks it's installed, but I get no icon.

Also, for those loading MobileTerminal, what repo are you getting it from? YourCydiaRepo.org? That repo just throws errors for me.
    iPad2 <- PS/2 OS/2 <- Timex Sinclair

Quote Originally Posted by jcarroll View Post
    Anyone get YourTube 2 to load? I can install it and Cydia thinks it's installed, but I get no icon.

Also, for those loading MobileTerminal, what repo are you getting it from? YourCydiaRepo.org? That repo just throws errors for me.
    most repos are getting hit with a ton of traffic - best to wait it out for a while.

Thanks

most repos are getting hit with a ton of traffic - best to wait it out for a while.
    Nah, YourCydiaRepo.org has been an issue for a long time...anyway I found a working MobileTerminal.

As for YourTube 2, I forgot there's no icon...just YouTube integration to allow downloading. I don't see this integration in the iPad version of the YouTube app...maybe it's not ready.
    iPad2 <- PS/2 OS/2 <- Timex Sinclair

SNES HD is very buggy. Some roms don't even work. Others are glitchy with improper colors. roms must be downloaded into ifile or on pc and manually put into roms/snes.

snes9x EX works perfect. I dont know if wii remote or icontrolpad is compatible but I ordered an icontrolpad and will test when it arrives. Hopefully someone will beat me to the test.

Barrel also works somewhat. A few gitches on the effects that take icons off the page. ie scrollup, stairs down/up etc

Lets keep this thread goin everyone start testing!!!
    Last edited by bind777; 2011-07-07 at 01:26 AM.

Default SD Card not working!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
    I know it is not a cydia app, but was wondering if anyone can say if the ipad camera connection kit sd card adapter is working after ipad 2 jailbreak. It didn't work after the leaked JB. Most importantly, does it work with iFile and xbmc?
    I've tried multiple cards, reboots, etc... I can't get my SD to work! I'm a photographer and I upload pics to my iPad multiple times a day! I'm in trouble! Help!!!

Tweaks that work

black keyboard
    cydelete
    fastcopy
    foldercloser
    infinidock
    randomflip
    switcherMod
    pull to refresh for mail

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can't get Backgrounder to work, anyone else have that issue?

Thanks

Ok, so I just realized that the ipad2 can be jailbroken using jailbreakme.com and got kind of excited. My iphone 4 is on 4.3.1 and my ipad2 and phone sync on the same computer and itunes account. To jailbreak the ipad2 using jailbreakme I would have to update the ipad to 4.3.3. Is this possible to do through itunes but make it to where it will not update my iphone? TIA!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boslli View Post
    Ok, so I just realized that the ipad2 can be jailbroken using jailbreakme.com and got kind of excited. My iphone 4 is on 4.3.1 and my ipad2 and phone sync on the same computer and itunes account. To jailbreak the ipad2 using jailbreakme I would have to update the ipad to 4.3.3. Is this possible to do through itunes but make it to where it will not update my iphone? TIA!
    Just download the ipad 4.3.3 firmware and shift + restore in Tunes if you don't want your iphone fw to be updated.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

boslli (2011-07-07)

Thanks

I am not a novice to jailbreaking but I dont know what you mean just shift restore in itunes in this particular case. I appreciate you're reply but if you could spell it out a little more to me it would be greatly appreciated. If not if someone else can elaborate. I am waiting with zen-like patience to go to jailbreakme.com and do this

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Plug in ur ipad and. Not ur iphone, update ur ipad. Done. Ipad is updated, iphone isnt.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceman1701 For This Useful Post:

boslli (2011-07-07)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    Plug in ur ipad and. Not ur iphone, update ur ipad. Done. Ipad is updated, iphone isnt.
    Thanks, as long as I can still sync them on the same computer, iPad2 with 4.3.3 and iphone4 with 4.3.1 I will be happy. I appreciate the reply.

Thanks

Does anyone have problems with Infinifolders? After I installed it this morning, I noticed that my folder view on iTunes was gone and the individual app icons were there only. I just now uninstalled it, resprung, and opened iTunes back up. Folder view is back.

Dreamboard works gorgeously!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast