Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad Jailbreak/Question/Ipad Problem

Default Ipad Jailbreak/Question/Ipad Problem
    Hi

Ok my question is if i restore my ipad as a new ipad via itunes if i ever need to replace it will apple know if the ipad has been jailbroken ?. as restoring would wipe the lot.

ok my problem is i have recently lost my cydia icon and today just got round to re jail breaking but when i reset - Erase all settings and data - enter my passcode the ipad freezes on the apple logo and theres like an egg timer circle thing spinning

Anybody got a link for the ipad 1 jail break as im having problems with my browser took me a while to get on here

thanks

If you ever had to take the iPad into Apple for repair or exchange, you would need to DFU restore it first, which is easy to do. Go to redsn0w.com for the current JB. Check YouTube for info on how to get iPad into and out of DFU mode, it's too much to type at this hour! Lol

Ah yes, and it's a mistake we all make at one point in our modding career; tapping "reset all settings and content". Doing so on a non-JB device will do just that, but doing this on a JB device will give SWOD and require a restore. So yeah, don't do it again haha.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2011-06-26 at 02:04 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!