Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: When is iPad2 jailbreak coming?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by engelke2010 View Post
    The jailbreak will work with iPad2 from iOS 4.2.1 to 4.3.3. You don't need to sell it.
    Source?

Comex said this in response to a tweet 7 days ago. If you go to twitter and search on Comex tweets, you can reference the comment. I tried to hyperlink, but havent had my morning coffee yet and the process is eluding me.

From musclenerds twitter
    MuscleNerd @itaiyz97 see @comex's feed tonight for his huge spoilers All devices from iPhone3GS through iPad2, iOS 4.2.1 to 4.3.3
    7 days ago*in reply to itaiyz97

I tried to hyperlink the tweet and failed. I need to get better at hyperlinking tweets. Someone smarter than me will reference it.
    Last edited by falstaffpac; 2011-06-26 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by engelke2010 View Post
    The jailbreak will work with iPad2 from iOS 4.2.1 to 4.3.3. You don't need to sell it.
    The iPad 2 never had 4.2.1 and I believe the first iOS was 4.3.0. Oh and there is no jailbreak for it yet and I'm really beginning to wonder when and if there ever will be. I can't believe how much I miss the ability to jailbreak. If I only needed WiFi I would have grabbed that Galaxy 10.1 tab. I was playing with it at Best Buy last night and it was really sweet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

If i knew the JB for the ipad 2 was going to be so long to release, i would never have boughten the ipad 2, i would have stayed with my ipad 1 or gone with something else

Iam kinda feeling the same way.I had a offer to buy a 1st gen iPad 64gb 3G model for 400 bucks. I bought a 16gb black IPad 2. And the only trade I really like about it is the processor. But that is what makes this cursed device un jail breakable! I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like ultrasnow. Devs saying week after week and then nothing happens.
    Last edited by RONZO77; 2011-06-27 at 02:41 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I admit that I am VERY impatient waiting for the jb to come. However, even though it has taken a lot longer than I thought it would, I don't regret upgrading to my iPad. I am addicted to it!

Hey space man did you here that jailbreakme will be open source so you may get your dream come true! You will be able to see the actual source code and hopefully use software to decode it. Hence start your jailbreaking triles.

Thanks

I seen that and thought the exact same thing. I am gonna download it and take it apart till i understand and can create my own. I pick up stuff quick, once i set down to it. I just never needed to learn it, but.......
    Watch for me in the future.

Check out snowbreeze it also has links to tools in the software. Xpwn and something else xpwn might be wrong I can't remember the name. I gotta a question for everyone here. Who else has checked google at least 20 or more times a day for iPad jailbreak news? I know google is like f!$& off RONZO IT WILL COME SOON!!!!! : )))

Thanks

Not only do i check google 10 times a day, but Comex's, paulpols and veneece twitter and the JBM website.

I think it's a real daunting thing to do! I have real good patients I tought myself how to triple boot my laptop! That was a few mounth build up! We can start a modmyi dev team lmao!! We don't know **** but we try like hell! And if u have suggestions well take em. HA HA

Me too !!! My friends think i am stalking my jailbreak! : p

Thanks

After this unbearable wait, i will be doing alot of research into how to create a JB. No time right now, but holidays mid july, i will have time to kill on the plane. Good time to start.
    I hope jbm3 will be out by then, but........

I know this is off topic but have u been messing with iOS 5 jailbreak?

Did anyone get a look at jailbreakme.com comex changed it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    After this unbearable wait, i will be doing alot of research into how to create a JB. No time right now, but holidays mid july, i will have time to kill on the plane. Good time to start.
    I hope jbm3 will be out by then, but........
    Go for it. Another coder/reverse-engineer is always helpful.

https://github.com/comex/star
    https://github.com/Chronic-Dev/Bootrom-Dumper (should have the source for limera1n in it in C/A form)
    #2060071 - Pastie
    Packet Filter Kernel Exploit - The iPhone Wiki

Some food for thought? (I can't look at code and just "get it," but some people can. Here's where I'd start. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
    LMAO, probably crash from overload<snicker>.
    Almost always happens. It took Star and greenpois0n/Loader.app fiasco to finally get those sites on CDNs... except for the fact that greenpois0n, ultrasn0w.org, MMi's repo, etc. aren't on superstrong connections and the Cydia store, jailbreakme.com, etc. are. It's very hit-or-miss with getting the bits after a hot jailbreak or unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by dacheungmeister View Post
    Did anyone get a look at jailbreakme.com comex changed it
    Looks like Comex's private Github commit log. He's teasing enough--it'll be out soonish (I hope).

Thanks

Bitof a dumb question. Can i write jb code from a windows machine or only from an apple pc?

I thought about doing something like this as well but then I realized that guys like Comex know WAY more about this stuff than I could ever hope to learn and turn into something useful.

That being said, you could always run an Apple OS on your Intel machine via VMWare. I do that if I don't want to wait for a Windows based JB like Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze. Just FYI.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Looks like Comex's private Github commit log. He's teasing enough--it'll be out soonish (I hope).
    I know he does it in his spare time, but it looks like he goes, sometimes, 2-3 weeks without an entry in the log.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast