Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot get a Jailbroken iPad to update... Unique issue see inside

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Cannot get a Jailbroken iPad to update... Unique issue see inside
    So what makes this one unique?
    Prior to bringing the iPad to me, the previous owner had a tethered Jailbreak on 4.2.1 using Redsn0w.

At some point he then tried to re-jailbreak it with GreenPoison rc6.1
    Which left it unbootable. It will not boot, even if I try to boot it tethered.

I have tried several things to get it to update to 4.3.3..
    I have booted it into DFU with Redsnow.. No luck, I get error 3194.
    I have tried to rejailbreak it with Redsnow.. no luck, I tried to re jailbreak with Greenpoison, same issue...
    I have tried manually putting it in DFU and update.. nope.. Absolutly nothing will let me update it.

Any thoughts guys?
    Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Check your hosts file for gs.apple.com entries and either remove them or rem them out, then close iTunes and reopen and try again

Well, Google told me that 3194 has to do with firmware signing, have you tried TinyUmbrella? Problem is that it is possible that the iPad lost power during the NOR flash, in which case I don't think it is possible for us to fix... Try TU though, I think it will fix your problem. Also, use the latest Redsn0w to jailbreak. Kthx.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Well, Google told me that 3194 has to do with firmware signing, have you tried TinyUmbrella? Problem is that it is possible that the iPad lost power during the NOR flash, in which case I don't think it is possible for us to fix... Try TU though, I think it will fix your problem. Also, use the latest Redsn0w to jailbreak. Kthx.
    There should be no problem with 4.3.3 as Apple is signing that. Rather, using TU will redirect to the signing server and if they have not saved a 4.3.3 SHSH locally or to saurik's servers (or saurik's server is unavailable), then the firmware cannot be signed. Also note that on exit, TU defaults to pointing to saurik's servers for SHSH blobs so that can also be an issue if run once. Clearing the hosts file of gs.apple.com entries should resolve that, assuming there is connectivity to Apple's signing server during update.