Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Process Priority was not restored

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Process Priority was not restored
    I heard that the latest JB tools have less battery drain because some of the older ones didn't properly restore some process priorities. What I don't know is which versions had the issue.

I have an iPad jailbroken on 4.3.1. Sometimes it seems a little sluggish and the battery drain seems high.

Does anyone know an easy way to upgrade to 4.3.3 without having to reinstall everything?
    Devices: iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 (old boot ROM), iPad 2 64GB/3G/4.10.01 iOS 4.3.3, Android and WM phones as well

Yes, get PkgBackup in Cydia. It costs $7.00, but is worth every penny! You do need to set it up so that it will also backup your camera roll and one other thing- i think it was Safari- everything else should automagically be selected. Also, it is quite obvious what will be backed up, ie 8/8 SHSH blobs etc. Choose to backup everything and set the location to Dropbox (if you don't have a Dropbox account, get one, it's free.) Now do a clean restore (setup as new) in iTunes, sync all of your apps and stuff, and then use the latest Jailbreak software. Let Cydia update and sh*t, then install PkgBackup. Now comes the cool part; choose to restore everything, it takes about 10 or so minutes. When it is done, everything, I mean everything (App Store games high scores, Pages docs, SBSettings themes- even your camera roll!) will be restored. You can also set PkgBackup to run on a schedule, in case you screw up (it happens to all of us!) and need to restore.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!