Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Root directory for Ipad1 in ifunbox

Default Root directory for Ipad1 in ifunbox
    Anyone using Ipad 1 and ifunbox? I wanna transfer some photos and songs from PC to my ipad.

I don wanna use itunes becos my itunes are not backed up, if i synced, alot of stuffs will be gone.

I need to know the root directory of my ipad in ifunbox so that i can drag my photos and songs inside.

But I cannot find the correct one, anyone expert in this can help? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

u can transfer songs but not to ur ipod app and u can trasfer photos but not to ur photos app.

u can only send them over to any directory and then use iFile to either listen to the song or view the picture..
    but to go to root

just open iFunbox then
    click on ur iPad's Name
    then raw file system

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    u can transfer songs but not to ur ipod app and u can trasfer photos but not to ur photos app.

u can only send them over to any directory and then use iFile to either listen to the song or view the picture..
    but to go to root

just open iFunbox then
    click on ur iPad's Name
    then raw file system
    oh no means I have no choice i have to use itunes to sync, if i wanna use the ipod and photos app....

There is a way to get music on to your iPad, and to get pictures too, without iTunes, but it is a bit involved and costs some $$. In Cydia, get pwnplayer for music and photoalbums+ for iPad. Pwnplayer let's you plug your iPad into a computer and drag and drop music into a folder. The music will then show up in the pwnplayer app. Photoalbums+ for iPad allows you to organize your photos on your device, rather than in iTunes. I believe pwnplayer is free, but photoalbums+ cost $$
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by derekliu View Post
    oh no means I have no choice i have to use itunes to sync, if i wanna use the ipod and photos app....
    yup or u can use solution above

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    There is a way to get music on to your iPad, and to get pictures too, without iTunes, but it is a bit involved and costs some $$. In Cydia, get pwnplayer for music and photoalbums+ for iPad. Pwnplayer let's you plug your iPad into a computer and drag and drop music into a folder. The music will then show up in the pwnplayer app. Photoalbums+ for iPad allows you to organize your photos on your device, rather than in iTunes. I believe pwnplayer is free, but photoalbums+ cost $$
    Thanks for the suggestion mate. But I cant find PwnPlayer in cydia, able to find photoalbums+ though
    Last edited by derekliu; 2011-05-15 at 08:28 AM.

No prob
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    No prob
    But I cant find PwnPlayer in cydia, able to find photoalbums+ though