Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad downgrade from 4.2

Default iPad downgrade from 4.2
    Stupidly upgraded to beta firmware 4.2 (beta 2) without my device being registered and can't downgrade or even get my UDID to have a dev register it. For some reason beta 1 worked. Does anyone know how I could get back to beta 1 or otherwise 3.2.2, perhaps by jailbreaking or using some other tool? If downgrading to 4.2b1 is impossible and I manage to downgrade to 3.2.2, will my backup from beta 1 still work?

Thanks

I had this same problem, I was on the newest beta and couldn't register my UDID. I tried to restore and let itunes fix it, but it kept erroring. What worked was holding shift+ restore and picking 3.2.2 manually. Hope that helps for you

I tried restoring normally to 3.2.2 or shift-restoring to 4.2 beta 1, which both didn't work. Will try shift-restoring to 3.2.2 now Thanks!

Ya, I tried everything also and luckily figured out how to save myself. I was also on the newest itunes.

Still getting error 1015 unfortunately...

Download a different copy from somewhere else, don't use the 1 you downloaded from apple.

Any specific place? There shouldn't necessarily be any difference between one dl'ed from Apple and one from elsewhere. Should I be looking for a modified firmware version?

Thanks

As long as none are posted here gents

Tried it with one downloaded from elsewhere, still doesn't work. Will I be able to install 4.2 beta (1 or 2) by jailbreaking? If not, how about 3.2.2 I don't need to install Cydia or anything, just want it running normally again

iPhone? More like MyPhone psilocybin's Avatar
    Thanks

Beta's are not supported. I tried 4.2, it was a no go