Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipad 3.2.2 users and limera1n using b4

Default Hmmm
    I'm on 3.2.2 and jailbroke yesterday afternoon with limera1n b1. I have never been jail broken on this device but I did upgrade to 4.2 beta 2 then downgraded to 3.2.2. I originally purchased this device April 4. Maybe it has something to do with being upgraded to 4.2, I wouldn't know the specifics though. Also, i was using Windows 7 (64).
    Last edited by Jailbait iPad; 2010-10-11 at 02:25 AM.

Im on windows 7 too, tried it in 2 XP machines as well, still no dice.

I wonder if this is something GeoHotz is looking into for a possible B5 release or he's going to leave it up to us to find the problem...

I wish limera1n had some sort of loggin so we can see why it is failing

Quote Originally Posted by Mp3 View Post
    Yes, every time I have tried it goes to the DFU mode please wait screen, then says exploiting, the ipad reboots and limera1n says it's done. The ipad never shows a limera1n splash screen and nothing gets installed.
    it did not work for me at first. But it will works after Reset All Settings. Hope this help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It works! Follow the the instructions as provided and it will work for you, it has for me... I have the iPad 3GS wifi 64gb. It has the 3.2.2 firmware and 6.15.00 baseband. I followed the guides available and used the beta 4 version of limera1n.

Everything worked without a hitch. Google is your friend for guides and errors...

I have already donated for geohots effort, regardless of who did what to whom or where they got what from, this is what we all wanted, a working JB...

Call me satisfied :-)

M
    Last edited by Slipryd; 2010-10-11 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipryd View Post
    It works! Follow the the instructions as provided and it eill work for you, it has for me... I have the iPad 3GS wifi 64gb. It has the 3.2.2 firmware and 6.15.00 baseband. I followed the guides available and used the beta 4 version of limera1n.

Everything worked without a hitch. Google is your friend for guides and errors...

I have already donated for geohots effort, regardless of who did what to whom or where they got what from, this is what we all wanted, a working JB...

Call me satisfied :-)

M
    care to share some of the links?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All I used to make it work was the guide on Redmond Pie for the iPad and limera1n for the app.

There is also guides for iPhone, apple tv, and ipod as well on the redmondpie site. If you do exactly as stated it should work. I did my iPhone 4, with the newest firmware update 4.1 using the "restore" option in itunes and not updating the baseband 01.59.00. Used tinyumbrella for that procedure.

I also did my iPad with the latest 3.2.2 firmware and baseband which is how it came from the apple factory. It's actually the exact same procedure with limera1n for the ipad as it was for the iPhone.

I can't help with any more details... Just follow along... Maybe a restart of the iPad and iPhone would help, between the "all done exploited" screen. Dunno, you're on your own....

M

Jb'd no problem with b4

the crap. i got ipad running 3.2.2 and when it says done on lime, my ipad is at the connect to itunes screen , i have to use tiny umbrella to kick it out, and i even tried a reboot after it was done, using lime 4 , but when i get back to home screen there is no lime app and just for measures i did a restore, and tried again, still nothing, so whats the deal yall

Quote Originally Posted by foreveraudio View Post
    the crap. i got ipad running 3.2.2 and when it says done on lime, my ipad is at the connect to itunes screen , i have to use tiny umbrella to kick it out, and i even tried a reboot after it was done, using lime 4 , but when i get back to home screen there is no lime app and just for measures i did a restore, and tried again, still nothing, so whats the deal yall
    did you put it into DFU mode?

yes i put in dfu mode and followed limes prompts exactly
    Last edited by foreveraudio; 2010-10-11 at 05:52 PM.

RC1B worked for me, after i had all the troubles of not showing the raindrop when it says exploiting. Can't express my joy.

guys just like to ask...
    when i got my ipad 64gb 3g, it was on 3.2.2, back then there was still no jailbreak, so i purchased some games and apps from "appstore" now that a jailbreak is out my concern is..
    - will all the games be erased if i jailbreak?
    - can i back them up in itunes and after jailbreak "restore from back-up"?

thanks for your help..

No your apps will be there after the jail break. And everything else

And yes you can backup your appsotore apps after jb

Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    guys just like to ask...
    when i got my ipad 64gb 3g, it was on 3.2.2, back then there was still no jailbreak, so i purchased some games and apps from "appstore" now that a jailbreak is out my concern is..
    - will all the games be erased if i jailbreak?
    - can i back them up in itunes and after jailbreak "restore from back-up"?

thanks for your help..
    or even if you restore, you can just re-download your stuff from the app store, you can keep downloading your apps as many times as you want from them, they have records of what you purchased

@ruben00
    @lightfighter

thanks a alot..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12