Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Erasing all content on a Jailbroken iPad - 3.2.1

Do you have the WiFi connect piece installed on your Mac? If you do, GET RID OF IT. That's the problem.

Learning..
    what is the wifi conect piece mean?????

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Your issue was likely hardware related. I too had made the mistake, a long time ago lol, of hitting reset all content and settings. It sucked, and took forever to get back to where I had it. Charging issues, from my experience, typically tend to be hardware problems.
    What did you do to resolve this? I'm stuck in this endless bootloop. It simply will not let me get into DFU mode. Highly frustrating. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JayseePro View Post
    @xemplify It took sometime but the boot screen stopped showing the distorted lines but still wouldn't boot back up. Took it into Apple and they swapped it out after trying to boot it themselves (restore mode/iTunes logo USB screen)
    All I can say is keep waiting it out, I let mine sit there for a month or so (biggest headache ever!!)
    do you think it's hardware or software?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help much appreciated again!
    Thanks for your help, JayseePro. What prompted the lines to stop appearing? Did you have your iPad plugged in the entire time or did you leave it unplugged for the month, draining the battery? (God that sounds awful - leaving the device alone for a month only to hope it will do something. If i was reading this from someone else - I'd think s/he was desperate.)
    Last edited by xemplifly; 2010-11-28 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I let it sit on the dock and go through the charge cycle continuously since iPad would die while connected to the dock too.
    The only time I really every undocked it was trying to enter recovery mode (holding down on the home button while connecting the iPad to the computer via USB)
    I wish I had a more definite explanation for you, but that was my process.
    Sent from my Apple Device
    Jayseepro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12