Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to factory restore and get a new iPad.. questions about backing up?

Default Need to factory restore and get a new iPad.. questions about backing up?
    Hi everyone.

I looked through the threads and I was unable to find a topic that addressed this exactly, I do apologize if I'm double posting.

I have to return my iPad for warranty tomorrow and I plan on doing a factory reset before I ship it back, obviously.

I made the mistake of upgrading to iTunes 9.2 and I'm downgrading as we speak, but what I'm wondering is if there is an easy way to back up the system as it is now to reinstall on the iPad when I get it back tomorrow?

Will "all" the apps still show up in iTunes, or only those purchased directly through the app store?

I know none of my settings will be saved on, well, pretty much anything... but what can I do to ensure my new iPad will be virtually the same, after a jailbreak, as my current iPad is now?

Thanks so much in advance.

Nick

You appstore apps and data will back up via iTunes.

All your jailbreak data will be lost so you'll have to start that again; however, you can back-up your cydia/rock files using apt back-up. I believe rock also has a built in back up service as long as you sign up and login in via rock.app.

I may be missing stuff out but this is what i do when i return stuff to apple for a replacement.