Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad stuck in iPod Mode?

Default iPad stuck in iPod Mode?
    So, I restarted my iPad at one point today (first time in a long time) when Cydia got stuck trying to add a new source (not a hard lock...it just couldn't finish its task after 20 minutes, so I restarted).

After the reboot, my iPad looks like the attachments below. Essentially, the GUI has reverted to a large iPhone; even the screen rotation lock displays the Mute icon. And, of course, I can only have four icons across, and they're tiny.

I have BossPrefs installed...wanted to be able to turn SSH off. Also, nes4iphone, snes4iphone, n64iphone, iFile, CyDelete, and MyWi (my iPhone is on T-Mobile, and thus doesn't get 3G, so I tether my iPad to it for 3G speeds sometime. xD ).

BossPrefs locks up at launch and accepts no input.

Also, the bottom part of the iPad screen- defining bottom by the side on which the home button is located- will also accept no input. I can navigate in most apps by simply flipping the iPad upside down, but Cydia doesn't do this- as a result, I can't select any of the icons on the bottom row, so I can't download and install any apps, such as, say, SBSettings.

I was able to briefly get it to revert to normal after changing the wallpaper and rebooting- but then it spontaneously rebooted on me and returned to Giant iPod Mode.

Can anyone help? Is it possible to install an app without being able to use Cydia, since I have full filesystem access through iFile?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo2.jpg   -photo.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Just respring with SBSettings. There is a beta of SBSsettings that fixes this. Can't think of the repo offhand so maybe someone will post it before I find it.

(NVM read the last part of your post.)
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Wonderfully, I'm only finding my own thread when trying to Google the problem (other than the people using SBSettings who fixed it by respringing). >_<

I have noticed it happens every time I install MyWi. I did not know about the respring through sbsettings idea though so I may have to try that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

So you have MyWi installed on your iPad? Is it a 3G iPad?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Yes and yes. Perhaps I should try MyWi uninstallation (via CyDeleye)?

I have the same issue and while I do have mywi installed, I don't think it is the issue since my pad was doing it before mywi installation. I guess just have to wait for a new sbsettings to come out.

On another note, do you have any instructions on the iPad Tmobile tethering? I,m in the same boat.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, it happened to me when I installed MyWi. So it must be that. Thanks for the info. Now I have to restore

Categories did it to me, or so I believe, it happen after I tried to move some files into some folders, a respring through SBsettings fixed it for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it happens to me it taakes second to respring dont worry

i had the same problem too. I didnt do a respring. I restored back to factory settings. Now I have to try to downgrade and re-jb

Had the same problem and had to do the same thing as "jaschar83". Downgrading was not a simple process but I eventually was successful. First app I made sure I had working after jailbreak was SBsettings and made sure I knew how to respring. Live and learn!