Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad Screen calibration after jailbreak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Ipad Screen calibration after jailbreak
    Hello, does anyone have the problem that their touch screen calibration gets shifted after jail breaking?

Whenever I touch a point on my ipad's screen, the ipad registers the point above my finger. It gets really annoying when I am trying to click a link and it clicks an ad instead.

The problem goes away after I restore my ipad and comes back after I jailbreak my ipad and then reboot.

I have noticed the same issue. Might be a Cydia App??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jbmaxx For This Useful Post:

macleon (2011-06-17)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Through trial and error i determined that the problem starts after I installed backgrounder + dependencies. The problem then fixes itself every time after cydia resprings my ipad. Resprining through sbsetting doesn't fix the problem. THe problem comes back every time I reboot.

I have noticed that. I brought my iPad over to my parents and my dad has the issue of tapping below something on his phone and I was showing them my iPad and I kept missing the buttons almost like I was tapping right below what I should have been tapping on.

I have the same problem, but I don't have Backgrounder installed. I'm really tempted to restore and wait for the jailbreak apps to get more stable before rejailbreaking, I'm sick of little issues like this (for example, with Backgrounder installed, no music controls pop up)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EMH For This Useful Post:

justplainsteve (2010-05-31)

Argh, I have this issue too. I thought I was just not touching the right place, but it seems this is definitely an issue...

One of you smart guys help us please!!!!

D

The problem occurred for me after installed SBSettings. I uninstalled the SBSettings app and resprung. Works just fine now. I have Backgrounder installed, and it doesn't seem to be the issue for me. If you guys can live without SBSettings, give it a shot.

I don't have SBSettings installed.

I have backgrounder and sbsettings installed and I have no problems, just for those who are wondering if this is isolated or widespead..

NO SBS settings here... Masterz, its pretty subtle. Wondering if maybe you just havent noticed it yet...

I also noticed its just in landscape mode, not portrait. Just like when you go to move icons around in landscape they are all crazy, but in portrait it is normal.

D

Yeah I have noticed the going crazy when trying to move apps. LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

After reading this thread, I noticed I too was having the same alignment problem when in landscape; most prevalent when clicking links in safari. Removed activator / backgrounder and the issue disappeared. Since Masterz has backgrounder without this problem, perhaps it's a conflict between backgrounder + another cydia app we've installed?

I am having the same problem. I removed activator, backgrounder, mobile substrate.. Still not calibrated right. Please fix!!

Update: problem went away an hour or so later. I reinstalled backgrounder. I think it must be related to mobile substrate.
    Last edited by Wbski; 2010-05-30 at 06:52 PM.

I just checked my pad with backgrounder and sbsettings installed. I do not use activator, themes or icon changes.

Calibration is perfect and music controls are fine.

Must be something else causing the problems.

It is pretty subtle but noticable on the keyboard. Considering lots of people are having problems, I will wait a while for the fix instead of restoring.

Thanks

SPC isn't activator installed alongside backgrounder? I think it's a dependency, no?

Yes it is - my bad.

I have been checking my calibration very closely since reading this thread.

Everything is spot on.

Thanks

it would be helpful, but i don't know how, if we could get a list of what cydia apps are installed and compare with each other to determine what may be causing the problem, as the calibration issue for me was instantly rectified when i removed activator/backgrounder... I'm guessing it's not backgrounder per se but something else I have installed that you don't, SPC.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So through trial and error I found a quick fix.

If you just respring with sbsetting the problem disappears. The problem will come back every time you reboot the ipad though.

As for the cause, I don't really know. For my ipad, it started after I rebooted from installing backgrounder.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seekerofkiwi For This Useful Post:

irishpride (2010-11-21), katmeef (2010-05-31)

I think I agree with you about this. Anyways, I am sure the dev responsible will figure this out soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast