Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad Screen calibration after jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    @littletinymonkey: I try to tap bellow the notes buttons and it doesn't register. Only when I tap directly on the buttons does it work.

To all: Perhaps it's the nonlegit apps (I'm not accusing anyone, just noticed that someone listed something)? How many of you have a certain installer for apps that is not to be talked about on these forums?
    just wanted to chime in that I've had (and have) this problem.. and it predated me trying that installer.

I'm trying to remove OpenSSH now. The issue is so subjective though I don't know how I'll state with a certainty that it's resolved. BRB.

Default still working fine
    Well this problem still hasnt returned for me since I removed SSH and I obviously installed that from Cydia. I think most of us can narrow it down to this and NOT that so called "installer"

Thanks again guys

I would like to confirm that if you install afc2 from cydia, afc2add, the screen calibration definitely gets screwed. I thought I would use iPhoneBrowser as an alternative to logging in using OpenSSH, but it required me to install afc2 services which now I can confirm screws up the touch calibrations.

But I would also like to add, my screen is perfectly calibrated with OpenSSH on now, though things went bad the first time i installed it, now that I have removed it and reinstalled it, no more Screen cal problems. I did not restart the iPad or respring it immidetately after installing OpenSSH, so I suggest you guys do the same. Do not restart/respiring after installation of OpenSSH.
    Last edited by mythamp; 2010-07-03 at 08:50 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mythamp View Post
    I would like to confirm that if you install afc2 from cydia, afc2add, the screen calibration definitely gets screwed. I thought I would use iPhoneBrowser as an alternative to logging in using OpenSSH, but it required me to install afc2 services which now I can confirm screws up the touch calibrations.

But I would also like to add, my screen is perfectly calibrated with OpenSSH on now, though things went bad the first time i installed it, now that I have removed it and reinstalled it, no more Screen cal problems. I did not restart the iPad or respring it immidetately after installing OpenSSH, so I suggest you guys do the same. Do not restart/respiring after installation of OpenSSH.
    afc2 has not caused me any calibration issues, it's been installed for weeks.

As for not restarting (ever?) after installing openSSH in order to have screen calibrated correctly - that is not a solution in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef;
    afc2 has not caused me any calibration issues, it's been installed for weeks.

As for not restarting (ever?) after installing openSSH in order to have screen calibrated correctly - that is not a solution in my opinion.
    Lol how can this be so unique for each user? I will trade you my openssh for the afc2 :P
    As for restarting, of course you can restart but not just immediately after installation.

anything new about the openssh problem?
    i'm now testing to only disable ssh insbsettings, for now it works, no calibration issues. will report after a longer test.
    would be nice, if openssh would get fixed for ipad.

did some testing, if ssh is disabled via sbsettings there are no calibration issues. so you don`t have to uninstall it completely, disabling will do it.

Ok, I will try this disabling SSH and seeing if I get any thing. I also noticed that in some apps ( no difference whether Cydia or App Store), the way they interpret a touch can be different. Will report back.

Ok, well... I didn't notice any change. I used the notes app as my test. I turned SSH on and off, entered the app and tried to touch slightly below the icons at the bottom of the screen. Nothing was different between the two. Can someone please make a video, to show that it is actually happening. It seems so odd that such a few amount of people seem to be "suffering" from this issue. Is it not possible that you have convinced yourselves that is is happening, when it really is not? Again, a video of the issue would be most helpful.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2010-11-13 at 06:38 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Not jailbroken, and have the same problem.

I hate Steve Jobs........

My belief is that this is a subtle bug that has nothing to do with jailbreaking. I have both a jailbroken and an unjailbroken iPad that exhibit the symptom occasionally: The touchscreen is very slightly misaligned so that I must tap below the intended spot to get the desired result. Restarting always fixes it.

My iPad is not jailbroken. My touchscreen is slightly misaligned. For most purposes the misalignment is unnoticeable.

However, the misalignment is significant when I use a stylus to draw or to paint, which I often do, or when I use a stylus to write; or to practice brush-strokes or pen-strokes. For fine details or lettering, to compensate for the misalignment is difficult. It is less important for large strokes or lettering.

None of these tasks are unusual use cases for the device. My basis for saying so is the success of several apps whose target demographics are artists -- including Brushes, SketchBook, OmniSketch, Touch Sketch, etc -- or whose chief purpose is handwriting, including FastFinga, Noteshelf, Notes Plus, Note Taker HD, Penultimate, etc. I have, in fact, purchased and tried all of these, and more, and I use my favorites daily and frequently.

The greatest misalignment is about three or four mm above the actual touchpoint at the upper left of the touchscreen, with the device in portrait orientation. The least is about one mm high at the lower right. The misalignment is linear in the sense that any rectangle I draw will remain a rectangle, if slightly off from where I actually draw. The misalignment is not unique to any particular stylus I use, including the Pogo and the HTC. The misalignment has been present since I purchased the iPad. Rebooting has no effect.

That I cannot calibrate the touchscreen does not diminish the value of the iPad for me. But if a calibration tool were available for sale, I would buy it.

I imagine such a tool could only be written using private APIs and by violating Apple's application sandbox security stuff. In that case, it could only be used on a jailbroken iPad, and then I would happily jailbreak mine, and void the warranty.
    Last edited by stoc; 2010-12-02 at 08:50 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have also been experiencing this issue. Respringing through SBsettings seems to temporarily resolve the issue, but it comes back soon enough.

Has any permanent solution been found yet? This problem even screws up my typing at times...

Same problem. Landscape only. In portrait mode it is ok.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123