Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBooks crashing on JB iPad/iPhone

Default iBooks crashing on JB iPad/iPhone
    Not sure if this is consistent with other people. iBooks constantly crashes on my JB devices. When restoring to a standard iOS 4.3.x install, it works fine. However after a JB it crashes again. Uninstalled iBooks and reinstalled/downloaded books a few times, but still crashes. Strangely, not all my ebooks though. Anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iBooks crashes for me, too. I'm on 4.3.3 jailbroken with Redsnow. I just started using iBooks. I bought one book (Tangled) and it won't allow me to read it.

Try installing SBSettings, respring, to open SBSettings slide finger across Statusbar

Press Power, Safe Mode
    Safemode turns ALL hacks off now try it

Does it work correctly in SafeMode?

If so then it is from Cydia

To deactivate Cydia stuff without uninstalling:
    First: Scroll your finger along the top again and exit safe mode
    Secound: go SBSettings->More->Mobile Substrate Addons
    Turn stuff off then exit and if the problem disappears it's one of the however many you turned off, slowly turn them on till you find the problem then turn the problem addon ON then uninstall it from Cydia if you don't turn it on before you uninstall some problems will stick around

Please list the problem app below and thank me on site if all goes well if this doesn't work or u need help please just ask

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Try installing SBSettings, respring, to open SBSettings slide finger across Statusbar

Press Power, Safe Mode
    Safemode turns ALL hacks off now try it

Does it work correctly in SafeMode?

If so then it is from Cydia

To deactivate Cydia stuff without uninstalling:
    First: Scroll your finger along the top again and exit safe mode
    Secound: go SBSettings->More->Mobile Substrate Addons
    Turn stuff off then exit and if the problem disappears it's one of the however many you turned off, slowly turn them on till you find the problem then turn the problem addon ON then uninstall it from Cydia if you don't turn it on before you uninstall some problems will stick around

Please list the problem app below and thank me on site if all goes well if this doesn't work or u need help please just ask
    iBooks still crashes after I tried your suggestion.

If I book crashes in safe mode then it's the app itself uninstall it reboot then install it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    If I book crashes in safe mode then it's the app itself uninstall it reboot then install it
    I tried that and it still crashes. Is it just iBooks that has the crashing problem with jailbroken iDevices? Will I have the same problem with the Amazon Kindle app?

I have iBooks and it works great on my jailbroken iPad 2 so it's not just iBooks doesn't work with jailbroken devices. This may not apply to you but have you installed iBooks fix from Cydia?

If not search "iBooks fix" in Cydia and install, you may have ti respring/reboot afterwards.
    Last edited by emerica6708; 2011-09-27 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    I have iBooks and it works great on my jailbroken iPad 2 so it's not just iBooks doesn't work with jailbroken devices. This may not apply to you but have you installed iBooks fix from Cydia?

If not search "iBooks fix" in Cydia and install, you may have ti respring/reboot afterwards.
    I have it installed. Thanks everyone for the help regardless.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

The newer versions of iBooks has an issue with DRM for books on jailbroken devices. It will work fine with pdf or books that have no DRM but buy a book from the ibookstore and it will crash iBooks.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

iBooks crashes for me trying to open a .pdf also. I heard somewhere that redsn0w may be the problem where greenpois0n didn't have this problem. No idea if that's true. Any fix?