Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dropbox - email upload

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Dropbox - email upload
    Okay, I don't really know how many people will find this useful, but I definitely found it handy. First, I don't want to take credit for this, it wasn't my idea, I just haven't seen it anywhere on here and thought it was really relevant with the iPad Dropbox app.

If you ever wanted to have a way to email your files to the cloud, and you have dropbox (or want it http://db.tt/SE73Xqy) you can set up a little utility that automatically downloads attachments from whatever email account you put in. For example, you can set up filters in gmail that assign a label to everything with an attachment, and then tell the utility to download that label.

It's really quick, and easy and it really makes shuffling files around really really easy. If I need to get a file to my dropbox account and don't want to wait for the app, this is the way to go.

Here is the utility Mail Attachment Downloader download and reviews from SnapFiles

By the way, it would really help me out if you use the code provided to sign up for an account. If you do, both you and I will get an additional 250 MB, on top of the 2GB free!

I just found the best way to use this. If you have a lot of books, you can keep a folder synced with a program, with your books folder in your itunes. I just did this the other day and found it useful twice so far!
    Last edited by Hurley; 2011-05-16 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost