Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latest RockApp/Intelliscreen & 3.0 on a 3GS

Red face Latest RockApp/Intelliscreen & 3.0 on a 3GS
    Hi there, this is a multi-layered dilemma Would love some clarification from anyone who could help.

I just managed to find a 3GS on ebay and purchased it. It is at 3.0, prejailbroken therefore I have no signatures for it, but with all the 3.1 drama going on..i'm not sure how i should go about installing my legit version of intelliscreen i had bought for my 3G.

So, 1stly, what was all the "rockout with lockout" about? Are there any problems or risks installing the latest version of intelliscreen/rockapp? If i screw up my jailbreak, then i'm screwed... so want to be clear if the hi-drama was about 3.1 problems, or is the latest rockapp dangerous to install?

2ndly, if thats the case, anyway to bypass the rockapp?

3rdly, any one experiencing any problems bringing the license across from a 3G to 3GS - i'm not going to pretend I know how - yet.

If anyone can please clarify any of the above, i'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks guys, peace out.

SINC

You mean get rid of RockApp? Or use Rock applications without having RockApp?

avoid having to install the rock app...

I don't believe so. The components of the applications are hard-coded into the Rock Extensions, which has a dependency on the RockApp. So I guess if you really want it that bad, you'll have to contact the developer about porting to Mobile Substrate and releasing on Cydia instead of Break Your Phone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

SINC (2009-10-07)

Thank Mr Cheese - can you tell me, is the new update of rockextentsion safe to put on my iphone 3GS running 3.0? heard of any issues? cheers