Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you Install without Desktop Installer?

Default Can you Install without Desktop Installer?
    Wanted to ask a couple of questions please.
    I have a jailbroken 3GS and purchased Intelliscreen throught the Rock Your Iphone desktop installer yesterday. While it wasn't smooth installing (I had to try 3 times) once Intelliscreen was up and running it seemed to be running fine.

However when I switched my phone off and on later on in the evening it would not start up. I just got the Apple logo on screen for 10 mins then it would go blank and then restart again with the Apple Logo. I had to do a full restore and rejailbreak.

Now the Rock your Iphone software said that it is 3GS compatible. I was a little worried when the desktop software said it was installing a soft unlock to get the software on my phone as it was already jailbroken, I thought it may mess with some of my settings.

I noticed in Cydia you can install the Rock app, is this what is to be used for Jailbroken phones or is the desktop installer the way to go.

Please help

Thanks

Yes dude. The rock app in Cydia is the same for installing the Rock Your iPhone app store on jailbroken iPhone os devices!
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy