Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail and SMS overlap on Lock Screen

Default Mail and SMS overlap on Lock Screen
    Maybe I'm stupid, but I've had this issue for a long time. Whenever I get an e-mail, and then an sms comes in before I read the email, they overlap each other and I can't read either one. I have the default layout currently (mail is listed by the clock and sms down at the bottom of the screen). Is there any way to be able to have both sms and mail on the same screen with the calendar and still be able to read them all? Like maybe sms stays on top until I read it and then mail comes to the front? It's really frustrating b/c it happens quite often.

Any ideas?

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you mean. Like, the alerts overlap? Or the badges?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm having the same issue. Please see attached picture as an example. Note the SMS that is buried under the emails. However, under the Intelliscreen settings, I have mail set for up top with the clock. Let me know if you need further clarification. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture.png  

This is obviously a problem with your layout. This is easily fixed by locking a box into place by double clicking it, so that another box does not jump on top of it. This will however when a new email is recieved cause another box to move down, and most likely making another box not visible until the email has been marked as read.

Quote Originally Posted by Adplaya View Post
    This is obviously a problem with your layout. This is easily fixed by locking a box into place by double clicking it, so that another box does not jump on top of it. This will however when a new email is recieved cause another box to move down, and most likely making another box not visible until the email has been marked as read.

? Then how come under the preferences and layout screen, the mail is shown at the TOP of calendar, not crossing with SMS at all. See attached pic. That doesn't make sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture.png  
    Last edited by Ungratefulninja; 2009-07-22 at 04:33 PM.

how do you place those weather info on the status bar? That's very nice! Can you show me how? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dickwu View Post
    how do you place those weather info on the status bar? That's very nice! Can you show me how? Thanks
    Sure! It's called WeatherIcon in Cydia. Make sure it's the current version- version 2.2.3. Then you need icons to make it show the picture of the weather like that. There's three choices- Katra weather icon, Klear weather icon, and Smoog weather icon, so download one of those from Cydia too. Mine is Katra, if you like that one in particular. Make sure both Katra and WeatherIcon are enabled in Winterboard. WeatherIcon's settings will be in the default Apple settings app, so you can change there whether you want it in the status bar, on the icon, badges, etc. Hope that helps!

very detailed information, thanks so much!!