Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intelliscreen seems to disable the Copy & Paste function of Apple OS 3.0

Unhappy Intelliscreen seems to disable the Copy & Paste function of Apple OS 3.0
    Hi,

I`m experiencing a problem when using IntelliScreen 2.93 on my iPhone 3G (OS 3.0, jailbreaked).

IntelliScreen seems to disable the Copy and Paste function of the Apple 3.0 firmware. When Intelliscreen is enabled the Copy and Paste function doesn`t work anymore (e.g. in Apple Mail). Im still able to select text passages but the copy button doesn`t appear. When I disable IntelliScreen in the configuration program the Copy and Paste function works without problems (as enabling Intelliscreen will disable Copy and Paste again).

The error is reproducible on my iPhone and on the iPhone from a colleague.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

You had me concerned for a second there. I just tried on my 3GS running 3.0 and it worked fine for me.

Not sure what could be going on...other than some other software conflict.

Thanks for the hint with the software conflict.

I restored my iPhone via iTunes and installed IntelliScreen via the Rock your Phone desktop client. No jailbreak has been made nor did I install any other applications.

Everything seemed to work fine. The Copy and Paste function worked well as did Intelliscreen. After a short while the Copy and Paste function stopped working again. I have no idea what could cause this problem

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?
    Last edited by valygar; 2009-07-05 at 08:00 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Same problem
    I agree with valygar, my copy / paste doesn't work either on my JB 3GS. I'll have to break out the 3G tonight and try on that one.

Although I've never used it, so I didn't realize until I tried it... and unfortunately don't care if this one gets fixed.

Wow! You're right! C&P is acting funky now. I didnt realize that. Disabling IS makes C&P work fine. I hope this gets fixed. I love IS!
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2009-07-06 at 08:44 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've noticed that it works fine in Messages, but not mail or anything else.

Confirmed issue - seems to be with any of the Intelli apps (MyProfiles, Elert, Tlert, and IS). Will be addressing in the next couple days - thanks in advance for the patience (too bad Clippy worked
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

asimba (2009-07-08)

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Confirmed issue - seems to be with any of the Intelli apps (MyProfiles, Elert, Tlert, and IS). Will be addressing in the next couple days - thanks in advance for the patience (too bad Clippy worked
    Thanks for addressing this so quickly!

@psuskeels

Thanks for your quick reply

IS is a great tool that I don`t want to miss anymore.

Default Strange Keyboard Issue
    @psuskeels, do you think this could be Intelliborn related as well? This usually happens when I am either in my email or SMS apps. The keyboard pops up and wont go away until I respring.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Spoke too soon... it's a hit/miss with when it works.

Quote Originally Posted by asimba View Post
    Just installed the latest updates for Intelliscreen & intellishared. Thought it didn't work
    but after both a Hard Reset & Respring, Copy&Paste is back in Mail. Launched a few other apps and coming back to mail... Copy&Paste is working well. Thanks developers!!
    Last edited by asimba; 2009-07-08 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    @psuskeels, do you think this could be Intelliborn related as well? This usually happens when I am either in my email or SMS apps. The keyboard pops up and wont go away until I respring.

I encountered this same issue when I installed both Tlert and Elert. I ended up disabling them both and the problem went away. (I never had Intelliscreen, though)

Its a shame because Tlert/Elert are one of the main apps I jailbroke for. Here's hoping they'll be fixed soon.

EDIT: The problem was most easily observable with Elert. While I was in the mail app, if a mail message was received, and I started to look at it, the Elert came up, which I then tapped (intending to dismiss it) but instead I missed and hit the center, making it show me the preview. Well, after that, the keyboard appears and won't go away until respring. Interestingly enough, I was still able to type (sort of) if I tapped the key repeatedly quickly. I would have to really hammer at it, so it seems like there were two keyboards present at once or something. Anyway, I've only encountered this while in the Mail/SMS apps also. It would be nice if the Tlert/Elert would not show up in the respective apps, since its redundant at that point.
    Last edited by TheHeadFL; 2009-07-09 at 04:47 AM.

There were some updates today and yesterday via the Rock Your Phone app. I actually havent seen a problem yet. I dont have Elert enabled right now though. I do have Intelliscreen and Tlert though. I will keep you updated.

My copy and paste is still not working in email either.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2009-07-09 at 05:13 AM.

Same here I can select text but on option comes up to copy

Still working on the cut and paste.
    TheHeadFL: I think the keyboard is related to tlert - but if you could reproduce it consistently - i can fix immediately (problem is - trying to fix it, but don't know if it's fixed until it happens again - which is very sporadic unfortunately.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have only had it happen a couple times. Not enough to make me uninstall it

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have only had it happen a couple times. Not enough to make me uninstall it
    I've had it happen several times for me but I too will not uninstall it! I like it too much. Besides, Intelliborn is on top of their game and providing updates quite frequently.

man, I thought it was just me ?!?!

I'm experiencing the same issues, copy and paste working some of the time, most problems occur in mail app, the text highlights blue but there is no "copy" button.

I'm sure psuskeels and the team are working on a fix for us...

btw, I luv this new MyWi !!! best $10 I spent in a long time !!!

I agree. Intelliborn and Rock Your Phone have come a LONG way in just a year. I love their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Still working on the cut and paste.
    TheHeadFL: I think the keyboard is related to tlert - but if you could reproduce it consistently - i can fix immediately (problem is - trying to fix it, but don't know if it's fixed until it happens again - which is very sporadic unfortunately.
    I would be happy to try to help debug the issue. Do I need any kind of logging enabled/installed?

I'm not 100% sure on how to reproduce it, but its probably simplest for me to email myself and then check for email while in the email app. That seemed to also trigger the Elert, and if I tapped it to see the preview, thats when it got funky.

Unfortunately, I've restored since then and haven't reinstalled RockApp or RockExtensions. At the time I was also having a problem that when I booted up I got a warning from RockExtensions that there was an unspecified incompatibility. That basically scared me away from reinstalling the Rock stuff for the time being. This may have been fixed by an update, I don't know. (I last tried on Sunday)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast