Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intelliscreen 3.0 question...

Default Intelliscreen 3.0 question...
    Now my intelliscreen works fine with 3.0. But everytime i download something from cydia i get a error and a pop up asking me to keep my old file or accept the new one?

what is this?? Does it affect anything?? I have been just accepting the new files.

installed intelliscreen on 3.0 OS with no problems.. but it takes so much effing ram that I cant use my phone. completely useless. Rock your phone and all the extras screwed the app. $9.99 wasted.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

dhl (2009-06-24)

it works fine for me. But my battery is draining like crazy, not from this app though. there are serious issues with this update. Still waiting on a answer from my question.

stocis: What ram? Rock Your Phone doesn't actually change anything about IntelliScreen except the licensing. (Rock Extensions is a port of mobilesubstrate with additional error handling).
    Telly: Try turning off push. Regarding the error on the file install - we're looking at it now

Telly: This appears to be an error with Cydia and Saurik (it used to work and then I guess Saurik did something in 3.0 regarding configuration files). From the command line, dpkg works fine. Please ask Saurik to fix this.
    Last edited by skeels; 2009-06-25 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    [COLOR="Navy"]stocis: What ram? Rock Your Phone doesn't actually change anything about IntelliScreen except the licensing. (Rock Extensions is a port of mobilesubstrate with additional error handling).
    with intelliscreen running : 12-24 free ram
    without intelliscreen running : 47mb free ram

imho it should be running only when I lock/unlock my phone rather than all the time eating up that much of a ram, causing crashes to the rest of the phone.

IntelliScreen uses about 1-2 mb of RAM. The larger consumption (about 10mb) is because it runs inside of MobileMail to prevent any issues from interfering with the stability of the phone. (MobileMail will run if fetch or push is on, which is on most phones).
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

psuskeels, stocis is completely right about the ram intelliscreen is taking up.
    ive tested it several times today. when first running intelliscreen my ram goes from around 45 to around 38.
    it steadily goes down to around 25 and then keeps going down to around the 15-17. it seems to go down faster if i invoke the quickview screen.

i also have elert installed on my phone and that doesnt seem to have any problems so i really think its just a memory leak in intelliscreen. i really like intelliscreen and want to purchase it but this memory leak is just too bad to continue using intelliscreen. i've disabled until there is an update...hopefully thats soon?
    the cracked 2.32 version for 2.2.x uses less ram lol.
    also i think you should consider making a small app like elert but instead for status bar notifications, like status bar notifier or w/e it was called.
    im sure a lot of people would be interested since some just use intelliscreen for those icons, like me ;p
    i love having the mail/sms/call reminder icons in my status bar

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    IntelliScreen uses about 1-2 mb of RAM. The larger consumption (about 10mb) is because it runs inside of MobileMail to prevent any issues from interfering with the stability of the phone. (MobileMail will run if fetch or push is on, which is on most phones).
    I think this app is great, actually buying IS was the main reason to jailbreak my 2 year old iphone.
    I don't use push email, as the battery drops too quickly, I rather look manually when I want to, for this reason I also setup IS not to show or check emails.
    Is there a possibility in a future release to avoid the loading of Mail if IS is setup to NOT check emails? it wastes memory on an app I dont need running all the time.

Babelhoo - possibly. We could run elsewhere with an option - but it's a lot of code which could be spent with other more interesting enhancements . I'll add it to the list

psuskeels: could you also please check the cyntact issue as well ? having bought both apps its kind of unfair not being able to use both at the same time. thanks