Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ===WARNING=== Do NOT Update

Default ===WARNING=== Do NOT Update
    I just, two minutes ago, updated the rock app aswell as intellishared and intelliscreen (through Cydia), and now my phone is stuck at the apple logo. I would not recommend this update as of now. The phone wont even start up completely, thus SSH will not work. I would be extremely cautious.

Good to know. Honestly, I'm staying away from 90% of jailbroken apps for the next month. I figure by then everything should be good to go

Banned
    Thanks

I installed rock app and it said it could not update on 3.0 but it did anyway. the when i opened cydia there were two rock app upgrades. but works fine for me.

inteliiscreen installed fine for me. A little buggy when im installing apps on cydia, i get some option to keep old files or something. But other then that it works good

@Adplaya

I installed SBSettings before installing Intelliscreen via Cydia. I was able to get the Rock app and extensions to upgrade and license Intelliscreen but when I run Intelliscreen it instantly crashes.

Because I have mobile substrate installed, I have access to safe mode which identified the Rock extensions as the source of the conflict and allows me to disable them. It sounds like you may need to do a full restore to get your phone back.

I really dislike the Rock app/extensions and wish Intelliborn would provide Intelliscreen without them.

Hope we see a fix soon!

Yea its the first time ive ever had to resort to a full restore. Shows how terrible Rock app actually is, it didnt even allow the phone to boot fully.

same here, full restore! rock app going crazy!

I was having similar issues with intelliscreen/rockapp (with SBSetting installed first). Numerous resprings did not help, but a full re-boot and all seems to be playing nice together just like in 2.x.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNerd View Post
    I was having similar issues with intelliscreen/rockapp (with SBSetting installed first). Numerous resprings did not help, but a full re-boot and all seems to be playing nice together just like in 2.x.
    @TheNerd

Do you have a 2G or 3G iPhone? I've seen reports of things working on some 3G phones, but mine is a 2G. Rebooting doesn't stop the crashes. It's definitely a problem with the Rockapp/extensions.

Yeeeah.... I had the same issue - after Cydia update, it was only the apple I could look at.

Thus, it was a nice opportunity to "go up" to 3.0 FW...