Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Performance suggestion

Lightbulb Performance suggestion
    Hey there

most of us are kind of scarce on ram thats usuable for the apps on our iphone.

After I installed supreme preferences I found an option to stop having run mailapp in the background and always coming back on. I talked to the developer cause it didn't seem to work as it should and he said it does work. So I did some testing cause I am not using the mail feature in Iscreen and have it turned off and interesting enough when I turned off Iscreen + the extension (thats important) I could manage to not having run the mailapp in the background all the time.

As I am not using Iscreen to check on mail I think it would be a great improvement to your app if the call for mailapp would be set into the options for mail and not in the extension itself. That way those of us not using the mail feature could save some precious ram. (:-))

Thanks

Intelliscreen runs in mail.app, so if you disable mail.app Inteliscreen won't work at all.

Thats not true - I run Iscreen now for nearly a year without mail enabled. So ...

Ruben

Well - mail is launched with IntelliScreen . Apple has is set to run in the background - so almost all Intelliborn products run in mail, using it as a container - as it allows the phone to be more stable (running all these extensions, ie mobilesubstrate, in SpringBoard can cause SpringBoard to be unstable - ie, when your phones goes into Safe Mode. Makes the most sense to run things in Mail.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

oh, ok,I see -so what you are saying running it in mail container is more stable than in Mobilesubstrate

Ruben

Something like that - running it in the mail container is more stable then running it SpringBoard, where most mobilesubstrate apps runs (There's a choice, and we chose Mail.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!