Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak and AppTapp Installer on 1.1.1 (and everything in between!)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default [GUIDE] Jailbreak and AppTapp Installer on 1.1.1 (and everything in between!)
    This is actually more of a table of contents for numerous other guides that will get your iPhone from an unmodified firmware version of 1.0.2 or 1.1.1, to an iPhone with firmware version 1.1.1 and Nullriver's AppTapp Installer.app on your homescreen.

Part 0 - Downgrade iPhone 1.1.1 to firmware 1.0.2
    Part I - Dev Team Jailbreak 1.1.1 from 1.0.2
    Part II - Dev Team Installing SSH 1.1.1 Windows
    Part III - Dev Team Install BSD World 1.1.1 Windows
    Part IV - Dev Team Install Springpatch 1.1.1 Windows
    Part V - Dev Team Install AppTapp Installer 1.1.1 Windows
    Bonus Guide! - Dev Team Show Contacts App 1.1.1 Windows

When you're done you should end up looking like this:

Good luck! Please lemme know if you aren't able to follow this guide all the way from start to finish for any reason. If you were able to finish lemme know that everything worked out for you!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unclear For This Useful Post:

arthursdomain (2007-10-12), rotaryheadrx7 (2007-10-15)

hey i am stuck between part 2 and 3, ive did everything on part 2 but i cant connect to ssh on part 3... any advice?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

ditto^^^^

Thanks

Are you getting an error when trying to connect via SSH, or are you just not familiar with it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm getting
    Network error: Connection refused
    Error

Thanks

Try these... it seems like SSH isn't exactly surefire... Make sure on the parts when you reset your iPhone that you wait for it to load up completely before starting the next part... I'd wait until the edge/wifi symbol pops up

If you get a "connection refused" error... try this

download this file (right click and save link as) and save it to your sshkit folder

Open up a cmd window in windows CD to the shhkit folder run iphoneinterface in the command prompt. Now do:

putfile /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist

restart the phone and then you can SCP in using winSCP

if you still can't connect try using natetrue's sshify

download this file - http://devices.natetrue.com/iphone/sshkit.zip and then extract it

and then put iphoneinterface from the newest iBrickr in the sshkit folder

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

then run sshify-windows.bat, restart the phone and try to log in again

The instructions worked for me pretty well. I ended up using Trip1Prepz (instead of manually creating the media.old) to jailbreak. I also had problems with SSH after updating to 1.1.1 -- but I got it on my 3rd time. Thanks for the guide -- it was invaluable, especially in installing BSD and apptapp after the upgrade.

Thanks

Glad to here it worked! And thank you for letting me know... this machine, it runs on props.

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Got it working

Thanks to all

Im very confused wouldn't you have to download firmware 1.1.1. into ur iphone after part 3 0r 4?

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    Glad to here it worked! And thank you for letting me know... this machine, it runs on props.
    Unclear -- It's not quite 100 percent. I posted this elsewhere, but maybe you'll see it here first. Everything on the phone is great. however, when I connect to itunes, it thinks it's a new phone and wants me to set it up as a new phone (or backup from my sync from last night). What did I do wrong?

The reason so much confusion comes up around this is in my mind due to the SSH Daemon being installed which does NOT seem to support sftp despite the guides instructing users to sftp. If you aren't resourceful enough on your own to realize that you could just use scp instead of sftp to get installer.app up and running you're going to get stuck every time.
    Last edited by unclear; 2007-10-13 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Update; guide fixed

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheYoshi For This Useful Post:

jedinight (2007-10-12)

Thanks

you got to be kidding me all thoughs ssh cannot connect last night where file protocols mistakes...omg

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    you got to be kidding me all thoughs ssh cannot connect last night where file protocols mistakes...omg
    This is why it's so much better to use a Mac or even linux, the windows tools are really crappy for this stuff.

I got everything working after about an hour. The only thing now is that Installer says all my previous apps from 1.0.2 are still installed. Do I really have to go and click "uninstall" for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    Unclear -- It's not quite 100 percent. I posted this elsewhere, but maybe you'll see it here first. Everything on the phone is great. however, when I connect to itunes, it thinks it's a new phone and wants me to set it up as a new phone (or backup from my sync from last night). What did I do wrong?
    you didn't do anything wrong...just do a backup from your sync last night and all should be good ^_^

whenever you have to activate your phone, or do a restore, it will ask you this question. i thought i was doing something wrong at this point too but i chose to set it up as a new phone(only because i'm upgrading on my work computer and not at home where my backup is) and kept going. if you backup from your sync you'll be fine.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

so if i follow these instructions to a "T" will i be able to put AIM onto my iphone with 1.1.1 firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by ckpatel View Post
    so if i follow these instructions to a "T" will i be able to put AIM onto my iphone with 1.1.1 firmware?
    That's the idea
    Last edited by unclear; 2007-10-13 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ckpatel View Post
    I just used the guide (although I did have to use some of the notes to get SSH working), and I have ApolloIM up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by lookatthemonkeys View Post
    I just used the guide (although I did have to use some of the notes to get SSH working), and I have ApolloIM up and running.

i am downgrading to 1.0.2. Now i am confused about this SSH stuff. Could someone explain more about that? what "notes" did you use to get the SSH working? Thanks. Sorry i am real slow when it comes to stuff like this lol.

i am using PC by the way.
    Last edited by ckpatel; 2007-10-12 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast