Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak and AppTapp Installer on 1.1.1 (and everything in between!)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Fixed the guide to include instructions on SSHing in in Part 1... the other Part's all had instructions (including specifying SCP connection type, but I guess I forgot to put it on part 1)

As far as the 300mb error goes, you should just continue the guide. The last step in part 3 (BSD World) will have you issue two commands which will fix iTunes syncability/300mbs error. The reason the error even occurs is because of the way we jailbreak to 1.1.1 (copying our Media folder to Media.old) ...our iPhone get's tricked, and thus messes up the capacity. The two commands in the last step of part 3 undoes this (replaces Media with Media.old) this will also restore a lot of settings for you (and your Photos)

Thanks for this guide...It took me about 5 tries to get SSH running, but I finally got it, and this guide made everything so easy!

i've tried this thing a few times now and i keep getting stuck on connecting with winscp.. Now it won't even restore... AHHHH MY BRAIN HURTS

Pardon this confused noob. Are these steps to be done in sequence? The SHH says it's for a jailbroken iPhone but the the jailbreak assumes that SSH is already running on the iPhone. I'm confused!

I just bought a 1.1.1 iPhone and wanna unlock it. I completed "Part 0 - Downgrade iPhone 1.1.1 to firmware 1.0.2." I think it worked. What do I do now?

Thanks

Follow the guide (stickied in this same forum) for installing AppTapp Installer on 1.0.2.
    Once installed, launch Installer.app on your phone and install BSD Subsystem, then OpenSSH. You now have SSH installed and should be able to connect in WinSCP. login = root , password = dottie (i think, if not try alpine), connection type = SCP , port = 22. For the IP address, go into the WiFi setting on your phone and click the little arrow next to the network you are connected to.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to unclear For This Useful Post:

truenorth (2007-10-15)

is there a way to downgrade the 1.1.1 baseband without a wifi connection.
    any help will be apprciated
    Aldin

Default 1.1.1 question
    i have a 1.1.1 iphone and bought it recently with the newest firmware already pre-installed. i just want to clarify that if i use this guide, i'll be able to use this phone with its full features including phone capabilities and you tube and everything else?

thanks,

n00b.

Thanks

Yea, that method is much newer and simpler.. The only problem with it is that it uses the .tiff exploit, which will definitely be patched by Apple in the near future. Might as well use it while it works though!

just wanted to confirm that this will work for the iphone since the page for touchfree says 'ipod'....

- sillnye.

I fixed all my problems - there were some typo's and a bad file link in the wiki. I edited them so they're correct and make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sillnye View Post
    just wanted to confirm that this will work for the iphone since the page for touchfree says 'ipod'....

- sillnye.

If you're talking about the instruction guide, then yes.
    Last edited by svtvagabond; 2007-10-17 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello,

Everything is done, Thanks for posting this.

I have 1 problem. When i open installer it shows as i have all my old applications installed. Shows i only have 52MB available but non of these applications are installed becuase i just updated and when i look in the applications folder on SSH it only shows the normal applications.

I dont know weather to go uninstall happy and just reinstall stuff or what. Is there a way this can be reset or something?

EDIT
    Looking through my media folder on SSH i found tons of stuff i installed NES,TTR, DOOM save folders so this tells me that somethings were not deleted so what should i do?

EDIT 2
    After looking in my library folder i see the applications i installed. How should i go about deleting these things?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Juansito; 2007-10-17 at 03:39 PM.

I Jailbreaked and unlocked my 1.1.1 iPhone using iNdependence and Anysim.
    I did a basic install and didnt install any 3rd party apps.

Now I don't have iNdependence becasue I did all the jailbreak/unlock on my friends Mac.

Now I am working on Windows. Where would I start installing these apps?

Thanks in advance

okay.. clearly I'm an idiot.. am I following this correctly? If I want to have third party apps back on my phone after upgrading to 1.1.1 -- I have to do the downgrade to 1.0.2?

I wanted 1.1.1 because of the increase in volume. If I downgrade.. am I losing this?

j

when im installing ssh. the very last thing to do, due to getting a "connection refused" error. i try to fix and everytime get the error...iphoneinterface has stopped working...
    Please help as im still not able to mod

I cannot connect to the phone through winscp at all once i've upgraded to 1.1.1. So I'm stuck at this point, any details on what I can do to fix this?

how did you get ssh to work?? after i updated to 1.1.1 i cannot ssh into the phone, it says connection error, timed out.

Okay, my iphone was anysim 1.02 unlocked. I virginized the baseband, factory restored, and re-unlocked using anysim 1.1 (successful). My question is, does this guide activate for me? (which step is the activation?) Becuase it says to "connect to itunes and activate." If I use a t-mobile sim i don't think itunes will allow me to activate the phone ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For the BSD World part: When trying to execute "rm /var/root/Media" I get:
    Failed with return code 1 and error message
    rm: /var/root/Media: is a directory

Help is appreciated

Thanks,
    Zach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast