Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer doesnt work...

Default Installer doesnt work...
    Hi all,

I was trying to do the 5 things in the dock, and apparently it was a old way, and screwed everything up..... So I restored my phone

And then when I go to installer and try to download ANYthing it says

Error
    Package download failed!

So I restored my phone again, and still the same thing, I use ZiPhone to jail break the phone, its running on 1.1.4 like always

Whats wrong?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Thanks
    The error you're getting usually means you have sources in Installer that are no longer working.

Go to Installer. Select Sources from the bottom toolbar. Select Edit from the top toolbar. Delete all the source packages except AppTapp Official. To delete, click the red circle at the left, then click Delete on the right.

Then refresh your sources.
    You should be able to download any app you can choose. The downside is that you may not see some apps. This part I haven't yet figured out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 633squadron For This Useful Post:

BlackedOutREVO (2008-03-26)

Or, you have installed a lot of applications, and have run out of space on your partition that stores your Applications. Download BossTool and relocate fonts and ringtones to create more space for your downloaded applications.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iamse7en For This Useful Post:

BlackedOutREVO (2008-03-26)

Well its working now (I didnt change anything)

But when I try to download BSD Subsystem, it says

Error
    You must install BSD subsystem or cydia first

Im so confused now, Tells me I need the thing im trying to download to download it? Any suggestions now? I havent downloaded anything yet, so thats not it
    (I dont even have my music on it)

Thanks!

EDIT, now again nothing works...... This all worked this morning, its after the restore, and jailbreak it stopped working
    Last edited by BlackedOutREVO; 2008-03-26 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
    Well its working now (I didnt change anything)

But when I try to download BSD Subsystem, it says

Error
    You must install BSD subsystem or cydia first

Im so confused now, Tells me I need the thing im trying to download to download it? Any suggestions now? I havent downloaded anything yet, so thats not it
    (I dont even have my music on it)

Thanks!
    When you click Install, be sure to clear out your queue. Installer has a feature that allows you to queue up installs. If one fails, Installer doesn't clear the queue; you have to do that manually. You'll know if you have a queue because when you click Install you'll see an expanded list of options including Install, Add to Queue, and Clear Queue. If you try to install something that's already in your queue, instead of Add to Queue you'll see Remove from Queue.

So, if you're getting an error about installing BSD and you haven't installed it yet, then you may be trying to install something else earlier in the queue.

I saw this yesterday while installing. Some apps put their name in the error box, which helps, but some don't.

I did that alot already, and that doesnt do anything... Still get the error, and nothing is in the queue

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86281

Found my problem

Server to download this stuff is down......
    Last edited by BlackedOutREVO; 2008-03-26 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "If Microsoft made a vacuum cleaner it would be the only thing that does not suck.""If Microsoft made a vacuum cleaner it would be the only thing that does not suck."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackedOutREVO For This Useful Post:

meberra (2008-03-28)