Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore completed but Installer still there

Default Restore completed but Installer still there
    Hi everyone,

I am having a weird problem,

I am running 1.1.4 , Windows XP Corporate and used ziphone 2.6b to jailbreak my 8gb Touch, I wanted to restore back to factory state so I went through the process on iTunes..well all appeared to work but upon reboot installer was still there. I made sure to delete all backups from iTunes and did another restore and installer was still there (both times all the apps had been deleted by restore)

any tips on how to get my touch restored completely to otb state?

Thanks in advance

Try to open installer. If it lets you, install openssh.
    ssh into your iPod and delete the Installer folder.
    restore again, just to be sure.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wearmaize For This Useful Post:

bigmodaddy (2008-03-24)

thanks much I will give it a shot when I got home

Well that did not work ..so I had to do it in recovery mode which did work, however now my mail app crashes and since I did a recovery I can't SSH in..anyone know of any fixes
    Last edited by bigmodaddy; 2008-03-25 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You could try putting the ipod touch into DFU mode by using ziphone(WHich is at the top bar which says mode), then you could downgrade it and then upgrade it again
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)