Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant find apps in installer after iphone menu "reset all setting"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Cant find apps in installer after iphone menu "reset all setting"
    Help, i had a bunch of apps installed on my iphone and after a problem with the ziphone jailbreak (no service) i was advised that a menu "reset all setting" would fix my problem. Apparently it didnt... i got the service back via another ziphone jailbreak this time not choosing the "activate" option. Now i have a bigger headache, about 85% of the programs that i had installed before i did the reset and re jailbroke cant be found in installer. I was told that if i would have uninstalled the programs via installer before the reset that i wouldnt have had this problem, but its a little too late for that nor are the apps in the "uninstall" window as an installed app. Please help... Apparently the phone still thinks all these programs are installed, is there a way to manually remove a log of sorts via ssh??

If you restored, and then rejailbroke, all of your apps are gone. You will have to reinstall them. You will also probably have to add new sources in installer to find all of your programs again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yea i know that, i have all my same sources in installer but i've heard the problem is that once you reset via the menu it does something to installer where it erases the install history of the installer... basicly i've heard that the problem is that the phone still thinks these programs i once had installed, are still installed when they are not... how do i reset the install history

When you Restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes all the data in the phone will be erased. After this you should set the phone up as a new phone in iTunes. Then you do the Activate/Jailbreak/Unlock part. After this all should be ok.

If you however did Upgrade to 1.1.4 in iTunes you will have some leftover data in the phone that will cause the type of problems you described. So the recommendation is to

Restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes using the restore button!!
    Exit iTunes
    Kill iTunes helper process
    Activate/Unlock/Jailbreak with yout favorite tool
    Setup the phone as a new phone in iTunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just tired that... Nothing. The reason i know its not working is because the custom version (1.1.3 version) of customize nor font swap are in the installer. Yes i added the touchrepo source before looking and still nothing. Please help im starting to lose it =(

i reset my settings too... big mistake see the iphone will reset every springboard setting and all files but u still have ur apps for some reason so i just restored and jailbreak but
    im on 1.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yea the regular restore nor the DMR or whatever it is restore didnt work either...anybody please. i been deleting files via ssh like a idiot trying to clear the history and i think i messed up something with my safari because now it wont remember none of my info on the web (login info, emails ect)