Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer question. Irrelevant updates.

Default Installer question. Irrelevant updates.
    Hi friends. I have 2 irrelevant updates suggestions on my installer, and I don't know how to get rid of them. These belong to two software upgrades which I did, and for some reason, installer suggests that I update to an earlier version... I suppose that this happened due to changes in the original source address of these programs.
    Can somebody tell me how do I get rid of these updates proposals and the icon of 2 that keeps nagging on the installer icon of the springboard ?

Thanks

Just ignore them
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Just ignore them
    thats what works for me

To get rid of the updates circle on the springboard, go into summerboard and click restart springboard....

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    To get rid of the updates circle on the springboard, go into summerboard and click restart springboard....
    Thanks, but I don't have summerboard. I wonder, what does this app do for the IPhone ? Is it worthwhile installing ? I have already too many 3rd hand programs...

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

you dont have summerboard? I thought everyone did? Its a theme/icon replacement app. Also you can use it to respring the springboard. Theres a lot of cool themes out there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

Acumedico (2008-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Acumedico View Post
    Hi friends. I have 2 irrelevant updates suggestions on my installer, and I don't know how to get rid of them. These belong to two software upgrades which I did, and for some reason, installer suggests that I update to an earlier version... I suppose that this happened due to changes in the original source address of these programs.
    Can somebody tell me how do I get rid of these updates proposals and the icon of 2 that keeps nagging on the installer icon of the springboard ?

Problem is you're seeing the same app from two different sources. You can do like redcard and the rest of us do and ignore. But if you really want to get rid of them, remove the source they are being provided through. Reminder though, you'll be removing the listing for every other app that source carries.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Acumedico (2008-03-18)