Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Dialler/Sms, Installer, Application, General Crashes. I need Help!!!

Default Iphone Dialler/Sms, Installer, Application, General Crashes. I need Help!!!

I Have almost lost faith in my iphone.

let me get straight into the issues.

i am in Switzerland at the moment and i am using a foreign sim card. I bought my iphone from new york, and it is a 1.1.3 downgraded jailbroken and activated and is now running on 1.1.2

The first major problem is that the dialer and sms functions crash after attempting to use them. the sms app crashes a few second after being open and never launches. the phone on the other hand is able to make calls via names in my address book but crashes upon opening the dialer.

the second issue is the problem of applications disappearing on the application page my installer was replace by my tetris download and it is impossible to scroll to a different page of applications like i could do on my ipod touch.

the installer has issues too. i heard that the simplest solution to the sms/dialer problem was to download iworld but since installer wont work i am sort of stuck and since i cant get to installer now im guess i am stucker

please Help me. Sorry if i overdramatized a bit.

-Dave H

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I would do a clean RESTORE all the way up to 1.1.4. Then use ziphone 2.5, or iPlus2.0, or iLiberty to unlock/activate/jailbreak. This should fix all your issues at once. You will have to reload all your 3rd party apps after this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

merde (2008-03-13)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Beware though, ZiPhone will downgrade your BL from 4.6 to 3.9, thats not a bad thing, but it cant be reversed without opening your iphone up!
    iPlus downgrades your bootloader to 3.9FakeBlank which CAN be upgraded back upto 4.6 through software, so the choice is yours....
    One thing to note, ZiPhone is GUI Based, whilst iPlus is Command Line Based

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie2k For This Useful Post:

merde (2008-03-13)

Where can i get iplus, and where can i check the bl? Is 1.1.2 the only firmware that has these issues?

i tried unlocking my othere 1.1.4 iphone with ziphone and it blocked on looking for iphone and froze, which forced me to kill ziphone and restore on itunes. im not sure what it was but it wasnt working

Green Apple
    Thanks

Iplus can be got from www.ipluspwns.com

There are guides around that will let you know how to use it I'm not familiar with it myself, but i believe it is a very good program to use!

To check Bootloader information, you need to add http://www.trejan.com/irepo as a source to your installer and look for bbinfo. Download and run that and it'll tell you whether you have BL 4.6 or BL3.9.

Edit: If you cant use installer, then dont worry what BL you have, iPlus gives you an option to downgrade, but seeing as you say you've not used ZiPhone, i'd say your on BL4.6
    Last edited by Brownie2k; 2008-03-14 at 12:03 AM.

hi, i have iphone 2.2 jailbroken, before it was 1.1.4, i used quickpawn for jailbroken, it was working fine, i downloaded lot of things / applications etc..., now the dialer crashed, every time i open it to make calls, it hangs and then goes off, other things r working properly except dialer, what should i do, any solution but without restore, plz....

Hi Guys,
    I have exactly the same problem as SHAH.

I upgraded my iPhone from 1.1.4 (previously upgraded from 1.1.2 using Ziphone) to 2.2 (using Quickpwng).

Everything's working fine except for the phone dialer crashing.
    A quick help would be highly appreciated!!
    Thanks
    (I don't want to restore it back to older versions)

well cooldeep007, i have solved my problem, it was coz of kate, if u installed kate immediately unstall or inactive kate. hope this will solve ur problem if u have installed kate, if not then i dont know more abt dialer crash problem
    bye