Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can Some please tell me how to remove the installer app from the iphone?

Default Can Some please tell me how to remove the installer app from the iphone?
    Can Some please tell me how to remove the installer app from the iphone?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to agentzero For This Useful Post:

ppk287 (2007-09-28)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why? lol...
    You could try just going into SSH and delete /Applications/Installer.app

that would get rid of the app, but might leave a little junk on your phone
    (/var/root/Library/Installer and that kinda stuff)

Thanks for replying to my question....but I am new to this so how do I go into SSH?

If you're really new to this, you might want to reconsider "deleting" anything at this point. At least until you know how to use SSH even.

Like ibrickr or something.. where you can view the files on your phone..

Installer does not show up in ibrickr......

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

SSH is like iBrickr i think he said...
    I dunno about Brickr, but in SSH you can do it.. Check the guides section of this site for a guide on connecting to your phone via SSH. I'll let you know in advance you'll need a wireless network (that your computer and phone have access to)

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Removing Installer from your iPhone
    Hi,

Can't you un-install "Installer" directly from your iPhone?

1. Go to "Installer" from your iPhone home screen
    2. Go to "Uninstall" - tabs on the top
    3. Find "Installer" and "Uninstall" it.

or you could just "Restore" your iPhone to its original state.....sync to iTunes and hit "Restore."

Hope this helps.

Default Remove Nullriver Installer v3 w/o restore
    Is there not a way to remove the Nullriver software v3 without a complete restore? I cannot believe there would be no means of removing the software without doing a complete restore. When I navigate to Uninstall I only have the option to Reinstall the Installer, not Uninstall ...

Someone please help! My phone will not restore and I want to have it serviced but I want that software off before I take it to Apple otherwise I might be turned away.

If your phone will not restore, Hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, once the phone has powered off release the Power button and continue to hold the Home button for atleast another 10 seconds. (Do all this while connected to the computer via USB with iTunes open) and then iTunes should recognize the phone in recovery mode, then just restore and you are good to go...

Reako

I tried all I could to restore it and nothing worked ... I think either the software caused communication issues to the computer or the car charger fried the USB interface in some manner.

few weeks ago i used my ipod's car charger to charge my iphone ,then my phone crashed ,it started giving me a full yellow or pink screen any ways i forced shut the phone and when I switched it on again it got stuck on the apple logo screen , so what i did is that i upgraded my iphone to v1.1.2 and then downgrade it to v1.0.2