Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rogue Installer Source

Srry guys if this is a retarded question, but how do i get the installer on my phone? I got a new phone today and unlocked it with the steps on unlocktheiphone.com but now i cant get the installer on here. If someone would be so kind to enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by gonemad View Post
    Srry guys if this is a retarded question, but how do i get the installer on my phone? I got a new phone today and unlocked it with the steps on unlocktheiphone.com but now i cant get the installer on here. If someone would be so kind to enlighten me.
    um... start HERE

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same problem as a few people here... nothing new shows up and it still says untitled... no http... no typos, refreshed many times, added a couple times... nothing...

anything else i can do?

Thanks,
    Zach

I wish I could be more help. All I can do is assure you the new source is good and working (nearly 1GB of transfer of that 40k plist file so far).

I even added my "testing" source just tonight and it worked fine, first time through.

The only thing I can say is there are no capital letters, only one number (2) and they are front slashes "/" not backslashes "\". In fact you can test the link on your computer, you should see a crap load of text on the page when you go to the link. Link here

Sorry...

i've been screwed over by high tymes stuff twice now. Some of the apps come up with an error during instalation then the phone starts acting all sorts of crazy. I'm on my 2nd restore today.

Note this thread. Same thing

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...hlight=restore

I really don't think this is a problem with HighTymes, its looking more like an Installer app problem, there are several other threads that are not related to HighTymes at all but Installer app in general.

Do any of these things work with 1.0.2? Jw before I add it...

i installed the source and it works fine but iunlock isint there

Well I hope your right, I def like some of high tymes stuff but it wasn't just the themes that were killing me. It seemed like every app I tried to install gave me the Main script failed' error. Maybe it is an installer bug though; either way I hope it gets fixed so I can get some more stuff going on my phone.
    Last edited by j13jjs; 2007-10-31 at 01:19 PM.

added the source twice, turned phone off and on many times, cannot see iswitcher at all.. anyone got an idea as to what is causing this yet?

i noticed their was an update to installer this morning, has anyone who had problems with the high tymes source tested this? I really don't feel like doing another restore.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctrfresh View Post
    i installed the source and it works fine but iunlock isint there
    Do you really need it, with so many other unlocking methods floating around?

I'll put it back up, I just thought it wasn't being used, esp since it doesn't work with 1.1.1.

Let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by j13jjs View Post
    i noticed their was an update to installer this morning, has anyone who had problems with the high tymes source tested this? I really don't feel like doing another restore.
    I find it interesting that Installer app was updated from 3.0b7 to 3.0b8 rather quickly..

Quote Originally Posted by Proficient View Post
    added the source twice, turned phone off and on many times, cannot see iswitcher at all.. anyone got an idea as to what is causing this yet?
    No, sorry but it is clearly not related to the source file (at least not mine )
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-31 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I find it interesting that Installer app was updated from 3.0b7 to 3.0b8 rather quickly..
    Yea I can only imagine that it would be to fix this bug, otherwise whats the rush? I don't see any updates in the change log though so I'm not really sure and I really do not want to do another restore.

Yea I can only imagine that it would be to fix this bug, otherwise whats the rush? I don't see any updates in the change log though so I'm not really sure and I really do not want to do another restore.
    No I hear yah... let's hope that this version is without flaws, considering they are now 'begging' for money....

so I downloaded the plist in hightymes sig, cuz I couldn't get his source to load, it had the old iswitcher so i deleted/readded the new one, all is good. I go to install one of his themes (blackblue 2.0) and i get that main script error. phone locks up, it won't really do anything now, itunes don't recognize it, trying the dfu thing and I can't get that up and going, someone please help me

please someone any ideas?
    Last edited by will042082; 2007-10-31 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by will042082 View Post
    so I downloaded the plist in hightymes sig, cuz I couldn't get his source to load, it had the old iswitcher so i deleted/readded the new one, all is good. I go to install one of his themes (blackblue 2.0) and i get that main script error. phone locks up, it won't really do anything now, itunes don't recognize it, trying the dfu thing and I can't get that up and going, someone please help me

please someone any ideas?

Read this

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13076
    Last edited by j13jjs; 2007-10-31 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I really don't think this is a problem with HighTymes, its looking more like an Installer app problem, there are several other threads that are not related to HighTymes at all but Installer app in general.
    i disagree i can dupilcate,,the crash from hell every time with hightymes source,,everytime,,search hightymes,and see how many post start with bricked or reboot loop etc...this is a serious prob..it need to be looked at,,and it still does it with installer 3.0b8...what is this another katrina..fema cleanup...lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2007-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    i disagree i can dupilcate,,the crash from hell every time with hightymes source,,everytime,,search hightymes,and see how many post start with bricked or reboot loop etc...this is a serious prob..it need to be looked at,,and it still does it with installer 3.0b8...what is this another katrina..fema cleanup...lol
    Well that sux... so all you are doing is loading the HighTymes source and then looking at the "More Info" area of a theme and your iPhone gets trashed?

Does it happen with my source? I check all my More Info links and while I don't like the wigglyness of the Installer preview I have not had my phone crash, ever.

In all honesty, I don't keep HighTymes source in my Installer...

Okay I just looked at the xml file and your are 100% correct The file is trashed, it's trying to instal themes into /var/ and god knows what else.

I'm emailing Kyle right now to let him know.
    Thanks for being persistent with me
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-31 at 06:42 PM.

Default IF LIKE YOUR IPHONE DONT US "Rogue" sources package
    "Rogue" sources package
    RUINED MY PHONE I CAN EVAN RESTORE IN ITUNES AND I CAN SEE ON HERE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME

Quote Originally Posted by trea916 View Post
    "Rogue" sources package
    RUINED MY PHONE I CAN EVAN RESTORE IN ITUNES AND I CAN SEE ON HERE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME

dude wtf am I invisible or something?

Go to that thread, like 5 people including me wrote it out step what to do to fix your phone. I know its hard to get itunes to connect for a restore, you have to follow the steps.

even better here is a copy and paste of my how to...

Yea I've had this happen twice today both with apps failling from high tymes source.

Hold down Top Button and Home Button at the same time until you get the image of plugging into itunes, you'll know it when you see it, its not the apple symbol; its the only other one, I suppose it could be the yellow triangle but I never see that one. If this is not happening after 30seconds to a minute try plugging the phone into the wall and trying again.

After you get this image to appear just plug it into you computer, open itunes, and hit restore under the iphone tab. It will take a couple minutes then some more time to sync again but once that is done you should be there with a fresh install and most of your data still in place; just missing a few settings and such.

After that I would say go ahead and do jailbreakme.com again and get some apps but just be careful with the high tymes source.
    Last edited by j13jjs; 2007-10-31 at 07:14 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast