Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 82

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Rogue Installer Source

  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,336
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    thanx again I finally found it
     Think Different

  2. #22
    i cant find the plist in downloads, someone can please link us with a direct link?
    Last edited by lamonsasxx; 2007-10-12 at 07:15 AM.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mississippi, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts


  4. #24
    Why don't you guys setup a automated installer like conceited software did?
    Enter the below url in Safari on your iPhone and it automaticly installs the source:
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/beta/

    Much easier for the user. And you don't stomp on any other package sources the user has that isn't in your plist (like conceited).

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by djay View Post
    Why don't you guys setup a automated installer like conceited software did?
    Enter the below url in Safari on your iPhone and it automaticly installs the source:
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/beta/

    Much easier for the user. And you don't stomp on any other package sources the user has that isn't in your plist (like conceited).
    Buy me a PHP web server and I'd be happy to use it oh and it needs about 1-5 TB's per month...

  6. #26
    heh. Ok good reason.
    I just assumed you guys were running this place. And I assumed a little text file wouldn't take up too much bandwidth.

  7. #27
    GoGo TTR Colors Theme!

    I finally installed it over Installer today after my iphone self-healed, lol.

    Smooth stuff thanks again!

  8. #28
    i'm trying to download installer source (because i want to download it's pxl installer) but it's a pxl file, and without said pxl installer, i can't get it onto my ipod. does anyone know how, or if there's another pxl installer out there?

  9. #29
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    902
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 400 Times in 122 Posts

    i'm trying to download installer source (because i want to download it's pxl installer) but it's a pxl file, and without said pxl installer, i can't get it onto my ipod. does anyone know how, or if there's another pxl installer out there?
    same problem here!

  10. #30
    So.. could we get a list of urls to use for these sources with the new version of installer.app?

    Soooo nice to not have to manually edit or replace a plist file to add a source.

  11. #31
    I tried adding this as the source URL...

    http://web.mac.com/gregmeach/index.xml

    but couldn't get iSwitcher to show up in Installer.app?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYoshi View Post
    So.. could we get a list of urls to use for these sources with the new version of installer.app?

    Soooo nice to not have to manually edit or replace a plist file to add a source.
    YUP

    The guide is in my signature and HERE for those that can't see signatures.

    The url to add in Installer app 3.0 for my source is:
    web.mac.com/iswitcher2/list.xml



    Quote Originally Posted by Bleh5 View Post
    I tried adding this as the source URL...

    http://web.mac.com/gregmeach/index.xml

    but couldn't get iSwitcher to show up in Installer.app?
    That is the old link that was included in the pxl package and still works, not sure why you had trouble. You know you don't enter the "http://", right?
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-20 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    YUP

    The url to add in Installer app 3.0 for my source is:
    web.mac.com/iswitcher2/list.xml

    That is the old link that was included in the pxl package and still works, not sure why you had trouble. You know you don't enter the "http://", right?
    Did that and still nada... (no iSwitcher, or anything else that is supposed to be in that source...)

    Bug in Installer.app?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleh5 View Post
    Did that and still nada... (no iSwitcher, or anything else that is supposed to be in that source...)

    Bug in Installer.app?
    Tha sux, works fine on mine... and I see traffic being used on the new source.... so it's working for some.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

    abuimad (2007-10-21)

  16. #35
    same problem
    edit: i got it to work, i refreshed sources again and i saw your apps on installer
    Last edited by abuimad; 2007-10-21 at 12:42 AM.

  17. #36
    Got my other sources back; however, I can't get iSwitcher to work. I add the source, but when I go to the install tab, I don't see iSwitcher, even with source refreshes
    Last edited by UNCrules2187; 2007-10-21 at 02:06 AM.

  18. #37
    The new source is definitely working, in like 6 hours it's pulled like 12MB's. While I realize that doesn't sound like much at all, the xml file is only 40k and there's not that many users that have been switched over to the new source.

    All I can say is remove it and try again. You'll know once its there, the more info page should go to my iSwitcher google page and in the main listing there wil be an iSwitcher catagory. I've put all my iSwitcher files in that one category to keep the new structure of Installer app nice and organized.

  19. #38
    Here's my solution... I added each source a second time, and the first instance of the sources finally registered (it showed the little right arrow for more info)... I then proceeded to delete the second instance of each source.

  20. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleh5 View Post
    Here's my solution... I added each source a second time, and the first instance of the sources finally registered (it showed the little right arrow for more info)... I then proceeded to delete the second instance of each source.
    Cool, I'm glad you got the problem resolved...

  21. #40
    I cant get this to work.

    I go through step by step as instructed but it never sticks. The rouge goes under 'uncategorized' and never shows up under 'install'. Ive refresehd a million times, rebooted the iphone and added it second time as per a previous poster. I do not have the HTTP in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •