Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Uninstall Installer.app?

Default How to Uninstall Installer.app?
    Anyone know how to uninstall the Installer on the iPhone? I can select the Uninstall tab but when selecting the Installer, I'm presented with only 2 tabs: Reinstall or Packages.
    Is Restore the only option for uninstalling the Installer? I have SSH and Terminal.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dinky For This Useful Post:

damod84 (2008-11-08)

Hmm. never thought about this one.. I think that restoore might be the only option =/

If you have something like iBrickr where you can view all the files and stuff...

go to applications > installer.app > then click on each thing in there and remove them.. then go up on to all the applications and try to delete it from there?
    Last edited by Trent J.; 2007-09-19 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:

dinky (2007-09-19)

You think the mobileFinder will do the trick? Kinda' hesitant about the Finder...

I have been able to delete files with winscp, usually an application i installed myself (such as installer.app). If this does not work you can run a command(windows) with iphoneinterface using the "rmdr" command

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alexwrx For This Useful Post:

dinky (2007-09-19)

I used the App Tapp on a Mac to install the Installer. Any other options?
    Thanks for the info guys.

good question... i would have thought you could uninstall it within installer.

download SSH package using installer
    download fugu (OSX) or any ssh client
    SSH into your phone and delete installer.app from your applications folder.

it should work.
    Last edited by oogotbagsoo; 2007-09-20 at 02:26 AM.

Thanks for the info! And yes, I always thought Installer could be uninstalled within the iPhone... but this seems to be the only credible option.

hey, i'm new at this hack stuff and i was wondering if i already have installer app on my iphone can i run ifuntastic also?

Quote Originally Posted by dinky View Post
    Anyone know how to uninstall the Installer on the iPhone? I can select the Uninstall tab but when selecting the Installer, I'm presented with only 2 tabs: Reinstall or Packages.
    Is Restore the only option for uninstalling the Installer? I have SSH and Terminal.
    just download mobile finder, works perfect.

haw to installer.app