Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone just died - why? Installer...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Phone just died - why? Installer...
    screen was up for a few minutes, then I got a "can't make or receive calls - phone needs to be serviced" error. Now I just get the apple logo, no springboard. Restart, same thing. Don't know if I can restore or not yet, but this sucks! Was working fine before this. Added CyberGreg's installer sources last night, but haven't installed anything. Nothing has changed in the last couple days to cause this. Confused.

Any ideas on a fix without restoring?

Actually, I did install the newest finder update, but haven't used it at all. Also, I cannot restore. "Unknown error". Tried a few times on 2 different macs. So, I'm off to the apple store to get my $500 discontinued phone serviced...

This is F&*ckd.
    Last edited by organik; 2007-09-17 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I paid $200 for that same iPhone just 3 days ago.

$299 - $100 store credit from my first iPhone = muchos gracias apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks for the ....uh....help. I guess that's what I get for being an early adopter. I still have my $100 refund to use at least.

Went to the apple store, they made me wait while very slow wifi downloaded 1.0.2 after I told them it wouldn't restore on 2 different macs I had at home...so I wait almost 20 mins for this to download - and guess what....it wouldn't restore there either. Told me to make an appointment for the genius bar...told them that was unacceptable - 10 mins later had me at the genius bar - swapped out the phone no problem. Unfortunately, they had a 4 gig for me, even though they had none to sell (heard I guy ask for one). Was hoping they'd send me away with an 8.

Oh well, at least I've got a working phone again, and thanks to installer and sftp, an 30 mins later I'm right back where I left off - a fully tricked out iPhone. Yay!