Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Installer going to shut down....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Is Installer going to shut down....
    in June?

When the app's become available through the app store, is that going to negate what all you guys have worked hard to accomplish?

What does the future hold for modding the iPhone?

I think that it's going to lose all it's luster because no everyone will be having app's. It was so freaking cool to show someone with their factory iPhone mine because it was jailbroken. It kinda made them feel low.

These are just some thought's I had running through my head.

The presentation, I watched yesterday, was great. Made me love this device even more.

SRS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

:rolls eyes:

NO.

Green Apple
    Thanks

they are only gonna let you PURCHASE crappy apps that will probably not do anything special....there will still be plenty of modders and people who will not upgrade to the sdk stuff...trust me it will be more fun to go the way of modmyi than the apple way.
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Steve View Post
    in June?

When the app's become available through the app store, is that going to negate what all you guys have worked hard to accomplish?

What does the future hold for modding the iPhone?

I think that it's going to lose all it's luster because no everyone will be having app's. It was so freaking cool to show someone with their factory iPhone mine because it was jailbroken. It kinda made them feel low.

These are just some thought's I had running through my head.

The presentation, I watched yesterday, was great. Made me love this device even more.

SRS
    --------------------
    The exact same thoughts ran through my mind. I understand your concern. I don't think the installer is going to die. This community was made possible by the installer, and I don't believe Apple is going to take that away with their newly SDK crap. I think someone will also jailbreak the new v2.0 firmware. Every firmware that Apple has released, has been hacked & jailbroken! There are some killer apps, even without the SDK, so I strongly don't believe that jailbreaking the iPhone & iPod Touch is going to die anytime soon. These 2 devices hold so much potential. Think about the PSP, that thing is a few years old now and has a huge community of hackers, programmers etc etc behind that and they are still making things for it. WE MUST NEVER SURRENDER TO THE LIKES OF COMPANIES, THE HACKERS, PROGRAMMERS ARE THE ONES WE MUST BOW BEFORE, THEY GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!!!!!