Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer problem with 1.1.4

Default Installer problem with 1.1.4
    After upgrading my phone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 and using INdependance to jailbreak my phone and install Installer 3.0 I found that every package I tried to install would give me the dreaded "Main script execution failed!"
    message. I after much futzing I was able to successfully run the installer by doing an ssh -l root from my computer and was able to install all my packages. However, if I understand things correctly my phone usually runs as user "mobile" and if I su to "mobile" and run installer I see the following error trying to extract a package:

2008-03-05 12:17:05.797 Installer[92:d03] ATPackageManager: Status: Installing package...
    2008-03-05 12:17:05.805 Installer[92:d03] ATScript: Running script, dialect is: 300
    2008-03-05 12:17:05.815 Installer[92:d03] Executing script instruction: InstallApp with arguments ("Domino.app")
    2008-03-05 12:17:05.820 Installer[92:d03] ATScript: Installing App: /Applications/Domino.app
    2008-03-05 12:17:05.837 Installer[92:d03] ATUnpacker: Copying compressed path: Domino.app >> /Applications/Domino.app
    2008-03-05 12:17:05.844 Installer[92:d03] ATUnpacker: Extracting folder: Domino.app/ >> /Applications/Domino.app
    2008-03-05 12:17:05.850 Installer[92:d03] ATUnpacker: Could not extract folder, aborting operation!

This appears to be a permissions problem given that the package installs just fine as root. I looked at the ownership of /Applications and it was
    Root.admin so I changed it to Root.wheel but this made no difference.
    Does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this? I would like to be able to use installer normally without having to ssh in as root.

try clearing your queue...

Yea it is not the queue problem... I have cleared it multiple times and also reinstalled installer etc. Any other thoughts? Anyone know what the perms need to be on this?

OK! I figured out my own problem! Wow only took about 10 hours of work to get my
    phone back to normal after doing the "simple" upgrade.

The issue was that when I copied the Installer.app into place using INdependence it
    put the app's permissions in as root.admin NOT root.wheel reading the post about fixing the 1.1.3 installer more carefully I saw that I needed to set the sticky bit and put everything as root.wheel as follows:

chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel Installer.app

once I did this I was able to install from my Ipod to my hearts content! Since I had installed most of my apps using "root" I just copied over the installer plist files from
    /var/root/Library/Installer over to /var/mobile/Library/Installer and then Installer on my phone could now "see" all of my packages and I was able to install and update from my phone!
    Last edited by elbers_e; 2008-03-06 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elbers_e For This Useful Post:

techgirl (2008-03-13)

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked for me! Thanks so much!

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes