Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 installer app screwed up

Default 1.1.4 installer app screwed up
    I can't remove, or add anything i get "execution halted" , anything i have installed from 1.1.3 shows up in the install list (but not on my screen), i cant remove any of them. Whats the best way to fix this?

I have a similar situation -- I upgraded to 1.1.4 and jailbroke w/ ZiPhone 2.5c -- installer.app is installed and phone works fine otherwise.

All my previously installed apps show up in the "uninstall" list, but not on my home screen. What gives?

TIA.

Thanks

It looks like in both your cases that the old installer .plists remained in your Library after the update to 1.14 (this wouldn't happen with a restore). Try deleting all the plists except for PackageSources.plist

Installer.app can be very delicate though. You may have to do a restore to fix the problem.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

tomstrummer (2008-03-04)

Mm, you must be right. Uninstalling and re-installing the apps make them show up again. Some things (like eBooks) did not need to be uninstalled but Books.app did.

The only app I can't seem to uninstall is the HP-15C emulator -- it says "main script execution failed" and then I have to exit Installer before anything else will install or un-install.

Can you point to where the .plist file is that I'll have to edit in order to remove this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by tomstrummer; 2008-03-04 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i would like to know how to to fix this also....my brain hurts

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

whats the best way to remove the installer , all 3rd party apps and start over without having to re update my phone.?