Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer oversource crash fix

Default Installer oversource crash fix
    OK people...

This may be a bit hard to follow for some, so I apologize in advance.

Open the MobileFinder and click on the little apple icon. Then click on the up icon. This takes you to the var/root/Library folder.

Scroll to the Installer folder at this level. Double tap the Installer folder to move into it.

Select the RemotePackages.plist file. When it is highlighted, click the file icon. Then click the delete icon.

Click on the little apple icon once more. Double tap into the trash folder.

Highlight the RemotePackages.plist file and do the same as before (file then delete).

This removes the RemotePackages.plist file from the iPhone/iTouch... This file gets generated each time the sources are refreshed within the installer app.

My theory (and yes, is is just that) is that this file gets too large for the installer to handle when too many sources are added. The problem only appears when the installer is loading, not when it is creating this file.

Once this file is deleted, kicking off the installer app forces it to generate this file again.

All seems to function fine once this happens. Although, if the too many sources culprits are not removed, the installer will crash again once closed and reopened.

If so, just lather, rinse and repeat the above...

I deleted RemotePackages.plist file via cyberduck and installer still crashes. I think it was the installer oversource that killed it. I noticed it when i had so many sources and thats when the problem started. I removed and reinstalled installer app but still doing the same thing, it keeps crashing and going back to springboard. Help please.

ive already deleted the remote packages.plist and trustsources.plist and restarted the iphone (1.1.1) and its still not working. it goes to a white screen for 1 sec and then goes back to the main menu. need help badly.

A white screen is permissions. Make sure every file in the Installer.app folder is set to 0755...